1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MBO Insurance News – BIGGER DISCOUNTS and a Christmas Bonanza

Discussion in 'Insurance' started by ChrisKnottIns, Nov 23, 2012.

1. ChrisKnottIns

ChrisKnottIns Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    na
    MBO Insurance News – BIGGER DISCOUNTS and a Christmas Bonanza

I’d heard the rumour but it has just been confirmed by my bosses – we’re going to be offering an END OF YEAR SALE to sign up more of this forum’s members PLUS a special Christmas BONUS Prize Draw.

Apparently, we’ve successfully negotiated with insurers to allow us to be more aggressive between now and the end of January 2013. So where price is the only barrier to you switching to MBO Insurance, our staff have been told to remove that barrier.

As long as you meet our usual criteria, we expect to be the best option for many more members as a result.

It’s a risky strategy for insurers and not one that’s not sustainable all year round (before you ask :) ).

We have a quote floor of £250 so we can’t chase premiums down below this but, if you’ve been quoted more, you’ve got a good chance of SAVING MORE MONEY WITH MBO INSURANCE.

As this promotion covers the festive period we’re also offering a great Christmas BONUS Prize Draw. Switch your car insurance to us before 1st February 2013 and you’ll automatically be in with a chance of winning a Ferrari Driving Experience at Silverstone*, courtesy of MBO Insurance.

If your car insurance is due in the coming months, put us to the test and ask MBO Insurance for a quote.

*You can choose from a Ferrari, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Fiesta Rally Car or single-seater racing car.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  2. turbopete

turbopete Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2010 '60' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi Zetec (sorry)
    typical. no use to me. mines not due till march!

3. Robbostanhill

Robbostanhill Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E270 Estate 2003 and *Her* C220 W203
    Due next month

Currently have NO NCB :-(
    TPF & T is about £1000! on a 1999 SLK 230...

Beat that

4. Hustler

Hustler Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2003 C200 Kompressor Coupe 1.8L
    Hi,

Are there any minimum age requirements/driving experience/NCB etc required to qualify for this promotion? Thanks ;)

5. OP
    ChrisKnottIns

Your Mercedes:
    na
    Hustler, our usual criteria apply - we've not restricted the promotion any further:

All makes and models are considered eligible. Drivers of sub 2.5 litre Mercedes must be aged 25+ and those above 2.5 litre must be aged 30+. All drivers must have held a licence for at least 1 year, have minimum 12 months’ experience of driving/insuring a car of similar performance and have at least 1 year's NCB.

AMG & Brabus tuned vehicles will need to be referred to insurers for final sign-off.

The scheme covers most modifications (excluding nitrous, roll cages).

All quotes are subject to individual circumstances including restrictions on claims/convictions (no more than 1 SP/PC/PL conviction per driver). The scheme is not competitive for M, L, OL & SK1-12 postcodes and Northern Ireland is excluded. Some postcodes require the car to be parked off the road overnight. Written proof of best alternative quote may be required.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  6. Hustler

Hustler Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2003 C200 Kompressor Coupe 1.8L
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I do not meet your strict eligibility requirements which is understandable. I'm 22 and have only held my license for 2 months. If anyone knows of any insurers who are able to offer any insurance 'discounts' for people in my circumstances, please do PM me thanks. :)

7. OP
    ChrisKnottIns

Your Mercedes:
    na
    Just a quick reminder that there's not long to go until this offer expires (Jan 31st) - if your renewal is due in the next few weeks please give us a call now.

A good insurance deal and a Ferrari, can't be bad.

8. NW_Merc

NW_Merc Banned

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes W202
    You mentioned AMG and brabus tuned, do you cover modified MBs too?

9. OP
    ChrisKnottIns

Your Mercedes:
    na
    Yes we are mod-friendly so long as any engine mods don't increase the bhp by more than 100 over standard.

10. NW_Merc

NW_Merc Banned

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes W202
    Havent got to engine mods yet, but the turbo kit should add about 78 over standard.

11. OP
    ChrisKnottIns

Your Mercedes:
    na
    OK, to clarify we mean performance mods, rather than engine mods as separate from turbo kits. Sorry for any confusion but yes, give us a try.