MBS did it again!! ...car sales service now!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
look forward to finding out what it is Malcolm:D...exciting times eh:cool:

You can take the seat cover off and sow up the seam, it looks good and a very nice shape

The details of what I bought are in the Black or Silver thread

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
You can take the seat cover off and sow up the seam, it looks good and a very nice shape

The details of what I bought are in the Black or Silver thread

the leather will need re colouring or replacing as its pretty worn....worst bit of the car though (other than the rear arches)

will have a look on the other thread Malcolm:cool:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
My first test drive

Well, took Paul's 430 out today for a quick run, well, to drop another forum member off to collect a car, what can I say from my short run.....

No knocks or thumps anywhere, no drop link or lwr ball joint noise,s. engine is sweets and pulls well low down, gearbox changes as it should without any harse or heavy bangs, steering is as all CLKs of that age, Aircon needs a regas, getS a chill but not cold, part from what Paul has already stated, what a car for the money, would be more than happy to own her myself.........

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
was a good day for a quick testdrive too:cool:.... all sounds good to me:D

REALLY am chuffed to bits with it ( not thought of a name apart from "The Beast":lol:)

looking forward to finishing off the cleaning and polishing properly...think she will clean up lovely..... 1/2 hour in the Jet wash and was still dirty:shock:

you shoulda taken her home Cole......... thats why i put the fuel in it:D....drove the works van into work today....it has NO appeal WHATSOEVER now:lol:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
was a good day for a quick testdrive too:cool:.... all sounds good to me:D

REALLY am chuffed to bits with it ( not thought of a name apart from "The Beast":lol:)

looking forward to finishing off the cleaning and polishing properly...think she will clean up lovely..... 1/2 hour in the Jet wash and was still dirty:shock:

you shoulda taken her home Cole......... thats why i put the fuel in it:D....drove the works van into work today....it has NO appeal WHATSOEVER now:lol:

I was going to Paul, but i had to bring a loan car home for a customer in the morning, he drops his cars off at my house!!!

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was going to Paul, but i had to bring a loan car home for a customer in the morning, he drops his cars off at my house!!!

you really do go beyond the call of duty dont you Colin:lol:...No Rush whatsoever on our part so take as long as you need and take her home another night;)... ...give me a break from cleaning it.... my knees hurt like hell after cleaning the wheels:lol:

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
What a nice thread, someone who is genuinley happy with his lot (dogs danglies come to mind) and just as fussy as me when it comes to making your car look its best.

Well done (I'm being nice cos my SL needs a service and Cols the man)

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Dont mind doing the SL Chris, its the pending jobs on the Vito im not looking forward too.......

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
Dont mind doing the SL Chris, its the pending jobs on the Vito im not looking forward too.......

I've got to keep you on your toes Col otherwise life gets boring :lol: As far as I'm aware the SL is just a basic oil and filter this time and an MOT pre check, Ill phone you next week to make arangements.

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
well "The Beast" is pretty close to getting somer magic worked on her:cool: Colin & Dave had there bodyshop look over the car and i have the info / price for getting the bodywork tip top again:cool:....time to start saving like mad so we can get her looking back to her best again:D...Thanks for sorting the quote for me Guys!;)

Cole drove her home this evening and reports that she drove n sounded good, Colins given himself a extra job to change the engine/ box mounts as there tired, in the workshop friday for a service n general checkover so im totally sure once she has had some love n care and a quick checkover all will be ready to enjoy:D

im not gonna be doing BBQs and street partys over the bank hols...im gonna go for a nice gentle drive in a gas guzzling V8:D:lol:..got to tell the Inlaws and my mum at some point what the latest investment is:Oops::lol:

Good Luck Cole ...and seriously if your busy n hectic after the weekend is fine ...no rush...just let me know;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Pleased it all going well, we set off this morning to go and see Cole and Dave and show them the new car, sadly Lilian had a bad turn and was uncontrollable so I had to turn round and come back home :(:(

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Pleased it all going well, we set off this morning to go and see Cole and Dave and show them the new car, sadly Lilian had a bad turn and was uncontrollable so I had to turn round and come back home :(:(

Dam, that would have been nice to see you three Malc!!!

You no where we are Sir!!!!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Good Luck Cole ...and seriously if your busy n hectic after the weekend is fine ...no rush...just let me know

She will be done as said Paul, we have had the car longer than you, i want you to have her back so you can drive her and feel like you own her and not us!!!!!!:D:D

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
perhaps best to describe it as a "hobby" - otherwise they may ask about the returns on the "investment"? :rolleyes:

:lol:....Good Point Alex:lol:..Old VWs were the hobby...they think ive grown up selling the camper....there in for a shock!:lol:

Last edited:
OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Ah Malcolm ...REALLY sorry to hear that:(:(:(....hope your having a less stressful evening!!

Take care mate..chin up as best as you can;)

OP
P

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
She will be done as said Paul, we have had the car longer than you, i want you to have her back so you can drive her and feel like you own her and not us!!!!!!:D:D

:lol:...Thanks Colin:D....will be most excellent to enjoy her over the long weekend ...but honestly its no biggie if she has her working holiday till after the long weekend... no worries;)....although you & Dave prob could do with a extra space down there once its back home....great to be in such demand:D

still cant get over the view of the fields from the workshop...great place to work (in the summer)

speak soon n thanks :D

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom