MBUX comand system - Sat Nav

Tim Gledhill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hymer MLT 580 motorhome on Sprinter base (2019)
We bought a new hymer motorhome in December 2019 and used it in the winter months in Spain and France. One of the key features of the motorhome was the MBUX 10.5" including navigation . Before we left the UK it did not like post codes and in europe to fine campsite we use geo-coordinates. They worked fine on our old £50 tom tom but this system will not work. I key in the coordinates and it just will not keep them and we end up miles away from our destination. Has anyone experienced the same issues. We were told the system needed updating and so that's what I have had done. on a test drive from the dealership after the update the sat nav would net get us back to it using post codes . I also used my home geo coordinates to get me home. the coordinates just cnnot be retained by the system. It would have taken me nowhere near my home.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
Less than a year old, should be under warranty, write a letter to the dealer principal, outlining the issue, the fact that it has been reported before and that a (presumably software) update was made.
Query the fact that it will not ‘retain’ data input (coordinates/postcode) may well point to a hardware issue.

Demand a working system.

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
I had similar problem with mine but it turned out to be how I had entered the coordinates but I cannot remember exactly which type of coordinates I used, could it be simply the type of coordinates you are using?

Google gives an example copied below

The numerical values for latitude and longitude can occur in a number of different units or formats: sexagesimal degree: degrees, minutes, and seconds : 40° 26′ 46″ N 79° 58′ 56″ W. degrees and decimal minutes: 40° 26.767′ N 79° 58.933′ W. decimal degrees: 40.446° N 79.982° W.

Robin

OP
T

Tim Gledhill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hymer MLT 580 motorhome on Sprinter base (2019)
I had similar problem with mine but it turned out to be how I had entered the coordinates but I cannot remember exactly which type of coordinates I used, could it be simply the type of coordinates you are using?

Google gives an example copied below

The numerical values for latitude and longitude can occur in a number of different units or formats: sexagesimal degree: degrees, minutes, and seconds : 40° 26′ 46″ N 79° 58′ 56″ W. degrees and decimal minutes: 40° 26.767′ N 79° 58.933′ W. decimal degrees: 40.446° N 79.982° W.

Robin
Thanks for your reply. The ones it takes are degrees mins and secs and that is what i key, it accepts them but somehow changes the info and goes elsewhere.

Moody

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter W907 2019
We have a similar system on our 2019 Hymer. Before lockdown etc, tried to show the issue to our local dealer but restrictions on customers on site got in the way. Have spoken to Mercedes but the issue is still there (April 2022). You enter lat and long (degrees,minutes,seconds) - it shows the correct location - after you press navigate it moves to a different destination. Will try again to get some movement on this. Might seem a small problem but most aires don’t have addresses.
Anyone else have a similar issue?

AdrianGreen

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 2020
I have the same issue. First time abroad with our Mercedes hymer with mbus and the coordinates we use for the campsites don't direct us to the sites, but some distance away. Very frustrating as the actual addresses are quite involved. (Spain) I suspect the postcodes back home might also be inaccurate but have always used a full street address which has worked. Has anyone managed to get a fix for this other than using Google maps or alternate methods.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom