MBUX Dashcam & USB Devices

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
I have a 2021 GLC and following an update to MBUX the Dashcam option is now available for a one off fee of £200.

If I purchase this it will be connected to a 256gb USB storage device, now I also have a USB device connected where my music is stored and I use this regularly.

I wonder if any forum members can help with the following question.

If I am using the Dashcam and recording to the USB can I still access my music on the other device or does MBUX only allow access to a single device at a time?

I have tried forum searches and web search but cannot find an answer.

Robin

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
Can't the dealer doing the install help with the answer?

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I have a 2021 GLC and following an update to MBUX the Dashcam option is now available for a one off fee of £200.

If I purchase this it will be connected to a 256gb USB storage device, now I also have a USB device connected where my music is stored and I use this regularly.

If I am using the Dashcam and recording to the USB can I still access my music on the other device or does MBUX only allow access to a single device at a time?

Robin
I’m sure there was a post on here a month or so back where someone was complying that he couldn’t use music when the DashCam was recording as the head unit can only deal with one USB outlet at a time.

OP
Headhurts

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
I’m sure there was a post on here a month or so back where someone was complying that he couldn’t use music when the DashCam was recording as the head unit can only deal with one USB outlet at a time.
Yes I had something in my mind along that line hence my question prior to purchasing this item but I’m blowed if I can find it in searching.

Thanks for the reply.

Robin

Woodleigh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 - AMG E 53 - 4MATIC - Premium Plus - Night Edition - Mild Hybrid Estate.

Robin
Assuming you have a USB C port in your car, the same as me.
I use a 128 GB Samsung USB Type-C and created the folders as in the screenshot.

When the 'Recordings' get full delete 70-80% of them or loop recording may say "Not available".
Also, I tried putting Music on a separate USB but I think this having 2 USB's plugged in confuses MBUX !

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 11.15.23.png

Last edited:
OP
Headhurts

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Assuming you have a USB C port in your car, the same as me.
I use a 128 GB Samsung USB Type-C and created the folders as in the screenshot.

When the 'Recordings' get full delete 70-80% of them or loop recording may say "Not available".
Also, I tried putting Music on a separate USB but I think this having 2 USB's plugged in confuses MBUX !

View attachment 86126
Thank you for this info it seems the system needs some sort of update as I have 4 type C connections in my car but get limited to using only 1 if I use the Dashcam.

Robin

Woodleigh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 - AMG E 53 - 4MATIC - Premium Plus - Night Edition - Mild Hybrid Estate.
Thank you for this info it seems the system needs some sort of update as I have 4 type C connections in my car but get limited to using only 1 if I use the Dashcam.

Robin
Aye, there are more than a few issues with the MBUX dashcam; why for instance can Loop Recording not start automatically when you turn the ignition on, or at the very least give the command "Hey Mercedes start loop recording" ?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Yes I had something in my mind along that line hence my question prior to purchasing this item but I’m blowed if I can find it in searching.

Thanks for the reply.

Robin

Thread below ;)

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom