merc 230ce

merc230ce

Reaction score
hi all

i own a merc 230ce, bought it recently,the insurance company want to know if it has any modifications.

it looks as though the car is lowered but a local garage told me it probably is not.

is there anyway to confirm this?

TimN

Reaction score
A cheap method of lowering is to compress the spring and place a clamp around some of the windings. You can easily check to see if this has been done with a visual inspection of the springs. At least this will eliminate some of the probability of it being modified.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
merc230ce said:
hi all

i own a merc 230ce, bought it recently,the insurance company want to know if it has any modifications.

it looks as though the car is lowered but a local garage told me it probably is not.

is there anyway to confirm this?
Simple answer is no, pls have a look at the attached http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=21440 depending upon what springs and rubber pads are fitted you could go from low rider to monster truck and still have original MB parts fitted.
You could also have broken springs as a further option. :(

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom