Merc dealer service

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
350cls
Owner of first Mercedes, I have excellent small garage, should I stick with them or use main dealer, opinions appreciated

robin.large

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS C63 AMG 2013
What Emily's dad says. An honest and trusted garage is worth keeping onboard - once warranty is over. The only question for them would be 'do they have appropriate scanner' for MB as the most irritating faults seem to be electronic/sensor faults these days!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
As said - it depends on the age of the car and the kind of relationship you have built up with your local garage. What year and model?
I have several cars, all now over six years old, and - coupled with my own knowledge and scanners - my local garage is excellent and always obliging and willing to impart knowledge, or learn.
I would hate to have to go to a main dealer and lose this kind of personal attention.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
As already said, it would have helped greatly if the OP had provided critical information such as the specific age of the car together with any manufacturers warranty remaining, that way people do not have to guess/ask further questions/give more than 1 possible answer.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Find a recommended local MB Independent they will use the right oils and OEM parts etc and you won’t be stuck when your local garage says no can do to some jobs like transmission fluid flush or repair

Exp21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s204 C200 CDI Blue Efficiency MY2012, w245 B200 CDI Facelift
Keep them both. Some repairs are for garages, others for MB dealer. When it's a peculiar issue of your model is better the MB dealer. Or if you want to be sure they use genuine parts or fluids. For more general repairs a garage is a good way to spare a lot of money. In my opinion it's worth spending the double price per hour MB requests if there's a difficult diagnosis to do. Anyway also at MB dealers make mistakes. So my advice is to evaluate every time according to the kind of problem.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
350cls
What Emily's dad says. An honest and trusted garage is worth keeping onboard - once warranty is over. The only question for them would be 'do they have appropriate scanner' for MB as the most irritating faults seem to be electronic/sensor faults these days!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Appreciate, thanks

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
350cls
As said - it depends on the age of the car and the kind of relationship you have built up with your local garage. What year and model?
I have several cars, all now over six years old, and - coupled with my own knowledge and scanners - my local garage is excellent and always obliging and willing to impart knowledge, or learn.
I would hate to have to go to a main dealer and lose this kind of personal attention.
Mine is 2013 CLS 350 estate thanks advise

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
350cls
Find a recommended local MB Independent they will use the right oils and OEM parts etc and you won’t be stuck when your local garage says no can do to some jobs like transmission fluid flush or repair
Appreciate advice thanks

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom