1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercedes A Class 2019 Front Emblem After Accident

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by Harry Loughton, Mar 26, 2020 at 7:41 PM.

1. Harry Loughton

Harry Loughton New Member

Your Mercedes:
    A200 AMG Line 2019
    Hi All

On my way home from work today a pheasant flew up in front of my car and I unfortunately hit it. When I got home I checked the damage and all I could see was that the front emblem has fallen off.

Could anyone determine from the attached image if there is any further damage? Where could I get a replacement?

Could anyone also identify the part that is sitting behind the emblem? Could this be damaged?

Many thanks for your help

Harry

Attached Files:

2. Uncle Benz

Uncle Benz Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Mainly Mercedes
    That part is the radar module. Its the device that feeds that annoying red light when you get too close to the car in front. The fitting for the badge looks to be completely undamaged, so a new part will just pop into place, rotate slightly and lock in. It isn’t the most positive fixing in the world. Mercedes for the part.

Blobcat likes this.
  3. mioba

mioba Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W124/1994/E200, W220/2004/S320CDI, W205/2016/C200, W447/2017/3.0 CDI
    WHS.

Just needs a replacement eblem by the looks of it which will clip into the recess, if you go back to the scene of the crime you might find it on the floor and it may not be damaged for re-use.

What was the outcome of the pheasant, roasted or toasted!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020 at 7:25 AM
    Srdl likes this.