Mercedes A220 CDI Ulez 5 or 6?

OP
Adamki83

Adamki83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E-class, 2005, E270CDI (2.7) + 1992 Mercedes 500SL (R129)
Still not enough, the "cut off" point for Diesel is 12k+
There isn’t really a cut off…
Sure millage should be more like you said 12k but providing the car has a good run occasionally to help the DPF regenerate it’s absolutely fine. My mum has a 2011 Seat Leon from new after 3 years DPF light came on told her to run it on a good drive sure enough light went away and since giving the car a good run every so often it’s been absolutely perfect since about 2014 and it’s only covered 5k miles per year.
Plus the combination of fuel economy being approximately 10 - 15mpg on average better plus road tax makes going for a diesel a much more sensible option!

OP
Adamki83

Adamki83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes made some OM651 Euro 6 compliant from 2010 - the sure way is checking the Certificate of conformity sheet for the actual vehicle

Example below

View attachment 77961
I’ll see if it has one with the car thanks, I can’t believe it’s this confusing!

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
To be EU6 compliant it has to have Adblue (urea injection) - but if the ULEZ zones says your particular vehicle complies… there isn’t a problem.

A forum member posted a while ago that his car had ADBLUE but didn’t qualify according to TfL he did pursue it not sure where it ended up - I’d seriously consider a petrol

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
To be EU6 compliant it has to have Adblue (urea injection) - but if the ULEZ zones says your particular vehicle complies… there isn’t a problem.

A forum member posted a while ago that his car had ADBLUE but didn’t qualify according to TfL he did pursue it not sure where it ended up - I’d seriously consider a petrol
I have a friend (well ex-friend...) :rolleyes: with a BMW 5 series - it is Euro 6 but no Ad-Blue

OP
Adamki83

Adamki83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

This is very interesting… I think it should be okay at very worst case I can sell it on for her.
We have tried looking for petrol but there is very little out there because it must be an auto and trying to find a petrol auto with low ish miles is proving quite hard as her budget is maximum of £10k

OP
Adamki83

Adamki83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Decided on a 65 reg 118d instead had more options lower miles aswell, but overall it seemed a better car!

tpn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 OM651 2012, Daimler V8 250 X 3
That’s congestion charge not ULEZ
It

One charge applies to this vehicle:​

If you drive within the charging zone shown, you need to pay a daily charge.

icon-car.fc2f2a21.svg

Your vehicle​

• EA63FUH
  • White MERCEDES-BENZ A220 BLUE-CY AMG SPORT CDI A

Country of registration​

Congestion Charge

£15.00 to £17.50 a day​

Where it operates:​

Central London only - check a postcode or location

Charging times:​

07:00-18:00 Mon-Fri
12:00-18:00 Sat-Sun and bank holidays
No charge between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day bank holiday (inclusive)

Show charge amounts​

It is, but it states that that is the only charge. I guess i should have copied the whole page. Here is the rest of it.

You do not need to pay for any other charging zones​

If you do not see the Congestion Charge, Ultra Low Emisssion Zone charge or the Low Emission Zone charge displayed above, it means that your vehicle meets the emissions standard, or the charging zone does not apply to this type of vehicle.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
It is, but it states that that is the only charge. I guess i should have copied the whole page. Here is the rest of it.

You do not need to pay for any other charging zones​

If you do not see the Congestion Charge, Ultra Low Emisssion Zone charge or the Low Emission Zone charge displayed above, it means that your vehicle meets the emissions standard, or the charging zone does not apply to this type of vehicle.
It showed the same when I checked the other low emissions zones cropping up like cancers around the country - all no charge.

Checked the same car on another site this morning and that came up as Euro 5 so would be liable for the charges… who knows which database they’re using…o_O

tpn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It showed the same when I checked the other low emissions zones cropping up like cancers around the country - all no charge.

Checked the same car on another site this morning and that came up as Euro 5 so would be liable for the charges… who knows which database they’re using…o_O
That is under the Dot gov flag, so could be used in the event of a dispute, I would think; or, at least, hope:geek:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That is under the Dot gov flag, so could be used in the event of a dispute, I would think; or, at least, hope:geek:

They’ve had a few incorrectly registered, as we’ve had more than one member on here trying to get the database updated with the correct info for their vehicle. All have had Euro 6 cars logged as 5 on the system.

I‘ve not seen issues raised where a 5 is logged as a 6… however if the database gets updated and errors are updated what will the ULEZ zones do? Let drivers off for previous visits or go after them for lost revenue?

tpn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They’ve had a few incorrectly registered, as we’ve had more than one member on here trying to get the database updated with the correct info for their vehicle. All have had Euro 6 cars logged as 5 on the system.

I‘ve not seen issues raised where a 5 is logged as a 6… however if the database gets updated and errors are updated what will the ULEZ zones do? Let drivers off for previous visits or go after them for lost revenue?
I don't think that they will have a choice, but to let it go. If the legislators maintain a defective database and there is no intent to commit the misdeed, there is no misdeed.

horatio

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190E, CLK
I would bare in mind they will almost certainly change their definition of compliant every now and then once the system is operational. You could get stung hard with the rinse/repeat of buying/selling cars.

I live just outside London - my strategy is to buy something like a cheap smart car and be prepared to just bin it when they next turn the screw. Essential repairs only, treat it as a ticket with an expiry date.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom