Mercedes c207 With no tpm?

Diaconu Emy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C206/2012/2.2 diesel
Hello! I have a 2012 Mercedes e class, c207. I have the 5 gage gage cluster. Today i found my car with a flat tire but I noticed after I drive it or 2/3 meters because it was shaking. The problem is that I did not see anything in my gage cluster screen (I have a round, fully color one, not black and white) and neither I had a light for low pressure pop up. I checked my gage screen and I have Tyre pressure monitor but when I go in it it just asks if I the pressure is correct at the time, and saves it. Also I put the ignition on so I can see all the lights in my gage cluster and I do not have the low pressure light. That means I don’t have tyre pressure monitor?
If so. Why Do I have that menu on my gage cluster screen?

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
On your car, you have a tyre pressure warning system but the car doesn’t know the actual pressures. It works by comparing the rotation speed of each wheel and it knows if one tyre has lost pressure because the diameter of the tyre changes slightly so the speed of that wheel is also different.

It takes a little while to work this out. When I had a problem with my C207, it took a mile or so (2km) for the warning to show. You obviously noticed the problem far quicker than the car did. If you get a warning, you get a “bong” and a red alert message in the central display but you the have to check each wheel to find out which one has a problem.

When you have the tyres all at the right pressure, you have to reset the system which is when it asks you if the pressures are correct. This then teaches the car what is “normal” so it can look for future problems.

OP
D

Diaconu Emy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C206/2012/2.2 diesel
Oh I understand. It s kinda useless then because I had a flat tire on my rear wheels and it didn’t show up so yea..

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Oh I understand. It s kinda useless then because I had a flat tire on my rear wheels and it didn’t show up so yea..
But it would have done if you had a slow puncture while you were driving along so not a complete waste of time!

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
Mines a C class but similar? Firstly it warns of low pressure and suggests a check when possible in the normal colour, then it progresses to red with the associated warnings if the first is not acted upon.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Mines a C class but similar? Firstly it warns of low pressure and suggests a check when possible in the normal colour, then it progresses to red with the associated warnings if the first is not acted upon.
Mine like my wife starts off normal then straight to red. Usually air pressure is fine just a tad hot :eek::eek::eek::eek:

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Mine like my wife starts off normal then straight to red. Usually air pressure is fine just a tad hot :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I've never considered air pressure as a contributing factor to my wife's Flaptronic.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom