1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercedes c250 64 plate

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Amanda manners, May 23, 2020.

1. Amanda manners

Amanda manners New Registration

Your Mercedes:
    C250 64 plate
    Hi all I was wondering if anyone could help, my display screen has frozen, can’t use any buttons, we have tried rebooting it by holding the eject button on the compact disc & still nothing, the Mercedes displays on the screen when it come bk on again but still stuck on a station which we can’t change, as much help would be appriated many thanks.

2. Ben Smith

Ben Smith Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    W204/C-class/2012/2.1 Twin turbo diesel (C250)
    You need to completely remove the power from the unit for a full power cycle.
    I’d recommend removing the correct fuse then replace it, if you have tried a soft reset then this would be my next step.

bembo449 likes this.
  3. bembo449

bembo449 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    w221 320cdi , r170 230k , land rover discovery 3 , insignia vxr , shitron dispatch
    Agree with the above either pull the fuse or disconnect battery for 20 mins

Ben Smith likes this.
  4. Ben Smith

Ben Smith Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    W204/C-class/2012/2.1 Twin turbo diesel (C250)
    I’d also make sure the key isn’t inside the car when you disconnect the battery, sounds obvious but not worth the risk.

Also always disconnect the negative side of the battery only (the black lead).