Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Hello members,

We had this stunning C43 AMG Vert in for Stage 1 software calibration

Got to work as usual checking tyres, dif, coolent, oil and fuel quality while running diagnostics on the vehicle while letting everything cool as these run very hot and can soak while sitting very easily.

Multiple runs and sweep test along with different RPM tests.

Logs went to plan and vehicle was behaving as we would expect to the customers delight.

OEM - 367bhp and 520nm

REAL - 366bhp and 515nm

Stage 1 - 429bhp and 633nm

She responded beautifully

Below are plots, shots and runs....

For any enquires please feel free to pop an email over to info@gadtuning.co.uk or call direct on 05603 67 21 09

https://www.gadtuning.co.uk/

https://www.gadtuning.co.uk/rolling-road-essex/

Many thanks

20210126_124631.jpg 20210126_124719.jpg 20210126_124732.jpg Mercedess C43 AMG Stg 1.jpg

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
The thing I find refreshing is GAD’s before tuning runs are usually very close to the quoted stock factory outputs. I’ve seen other places do a stock run and then tell you “ooh, you’ve got a good one here, 30bhp over stock already”. Chinny chin chin.
Its funny you say this as some posts on the other forum got sent to me and a member mentioned how our dyno reads low to make our gains look better.

I have been thinking about doing a post to explain how our state of the art braked dybo works compared to American inertia Dynos.

Its interesting as people will always say each dyno is different blah blah blah which isn't the case.

Here is an example..... our C63s is booked at 503bhp or 510ps.... our car on our dyno ran 503bhp and have seen C63s on an American inertia Dyno read 580bhp stock....

So what do you believe??? The dyno that matches OEM? Or the ooooooo wow your car made lots more than factory Dyno.....

Also its simple physics!!!

All C63s run the same amount of fuel, with the same amount of boost, that air fuel mixture is ignited at the same time (ignition timing) and yet we are told "some make more than others"

NOT TRUE

Also think from a corporate point of view.....

Why would they let some runs run from factory 580bhp wheb the E63s is 604bhp, they are compromising sales, also back to physics lets say the car was indeed making that mythical 580bhp not 503bhp then the fuel, boost and ignition would all be higher meaning the car would produce a different level of emissions so in turn a different insurance and tax bracket...

All of the above is non sense lol

Many thanks

Anthony @ GAD

Mr Greedy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350/2011/OM642 265bhp
The only sensible reason in my mind when some run more bhp that 'others' when stock is that the 'others' have got something wrong with them, and therefore produce lower-than-stock numbers e.g. dirty (clogging) air filter, fuel filter, draggy brake or wheel bearing, possibly some weird tyre choices (I glimpsed something last week where running terrain tyres on the dyno on a Merc ML/Audi Q-whatever, caused something like 80bhp less).
Therefore maybe it is more correct to say some run less that others?
It doesn't make sense to me that factory spec cars can run noticably higher power than others above the intended figures.

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
The only sensible reason in my mind when some run more bhp that 'others' when stock is that the 'others' have got something wrong with them, and therefore produce lower-than-stock numbers e.g. dirty (clogging) air filter, fuel filter, draggy brake or wheel bearing, possibly some weird tyre choices (I glimpsed something last week where running terrain tyres on the dyno on a Merc ML/Audi Q-whatever, caused something like 80bhp less).
Therefore maybe it is more correct to say some run less that others?
It doesn't make sense to me that factory spec cars can run noticably higher power than others above the intended figures.
Yes of course multiple factors play into it which the dyno will lean on sensors to help mitigate this depending on how instrumented your dyno is.

But yes stock cars won't make more than whats claimed from experience of our dyno

Usually about right or less depending on factors

Many thanks

Anthony @ GAD

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Great numbers and excellent looking graph

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
I remember when I got quoted 470BHP from a stage 1 map…
Only two companies i know who quote those sorts of figures and have had both then come to me for second opinions and never made near

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Does one of them begin with a D???
It does indeed! Also had a 480bhp 540i the other day who had been using them for no lie 10 years and came for second opinion and made 60bhp less

Unfortunately we are seeing this all too often now the lies on top of lies eventually you get found out very sad

Many thanks

Top Bottom