Mercedes customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
Well, Typical!!!...I'm just one week out of my 3 year warranty period and guess what?.....i noticed that the engine sounded noisier, i looked under the bonnet and somewhere in the turbo area the exhaust is blowing, i went to my local merc dealer (the car was purchased privately) who said that it may only be a broken clamp but in rare cases could be a blocked catalytic converter, they went off to see if MB would consider a 'goodwill' repair and came back with a 'yes' answer...i commented that i was pleasantly surprised at the 'result' and they responded by saying that they know that they have to "get better" and are concentrating on doing just that.
So it seems that the message is getting through regarding the poor customer service...heres hoping for continueing improvements.

Aletank

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 Mercedes C180k Avantgarde SE Sport Auto
Which dealer was it ? We're so quick to Name n Shame at bad times :!:

OP
panason1c

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
Hi, Fair point.....It is MB in Taunton, Somerset.

gregit

Reaction score
Good News and Bad News

Hi,
my experience this week with local Peterborough (Robinsons) while waiting for very helpful/courteous/friendly stores person :wink: To change wrongly ordered part :x ,overheard a staff meeting at back of showroom,between I believe customer service/sales people :roll: Ref. subject working together as a team,not as individualsetc,etc. 8) (message getting through I thought :D ) Within minuites to watch a customer ask a member of staff to pass on a simple message(I've left my car over there)to another member of staff sitting within six feet of the others desk when she returned,needless to say the message wasn,t passed on in the 15 mins I waited,maybe later in the day.Have my doubts :(

webby

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've had a bit of a mixed bag with various dealers.
I found the guys in Malaya in Crawley (W. Sussex) very helpful when I needed some info and a set of Brake pads for my 500SL...also I've dealt with the Dealership in Redhill (Can't remember the name) and again they have been very good.
As I'm now in Belgium I've just put my car in this morning to get the diagnostics run on the soft top/roll bar system.
I had the car booked in for 09-00 this morning and I'm still waiting, it's now 15-00...all I wanted was for them to plug it in and tell me whats wrong! Surely it can't take that long....I'm dreading the bill when I get the car back!

Lets hope they are getting better because sometimes I think it can't get much worse!

Webby

Simon Barry

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 215
That is a most depressing website for C class owners to read :roll: :roll:

I am certainly not ecstatic with my C but if I had experienced some of those owners problems, I would be a regular on The Samaritans phone line.

Simon Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom