Mercedes Dealer Has Ruined My Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

as400

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 E350cdi
Lordy! I for one will be giving MERCEDES OF TAUNTON a miss.

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
I wish Taunton would hurry up and offer a full refund or this thread will go on for ever and not only drag the marque into further disrepute but lose Mercedes Benz a great deal of customers and money?

I am still waiting for Mercedes-Benz to settle my claim; It will be five, yes five years, next November the 30th.

I am waiting for the Court date where Mercedes-Benz will apply to have me declared a vexus littigant and to enforce the £14,000 Costs Orders against me from previous Court hearings.

There is a race between those dates and my Application for an Arrest Warrant against The President/Managing Director/Others and the Managing Director of Mondial/Others on the Charge of Conspiricy to Defraud, Conspiricy to Pervert the Course of Justice and Conspiricy to commit Perjury.

I would hesitate to recommend going to Law against MB unless you have very deep pockets and the patience of Job.

Quigs

Reaction score
Just my two-peneth. I bought a car from Mercedes Exeter a few weeks back, an 09 CLK320. Exeter are part of the same group.

Im not going to make a long story, any longer, but I had the car a total of 3 days before I took it straight to the MD who wrote me a cheque for the full amount paid after one of his salemen made a catalouge of monumental errors. Have to say, the MD was more than obliging, but I think he relaised the mistakes and was leaving himself wide open if he chose not to refund me.

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
I am still waiting for Mercedes-Benz to settle my claim; It will be five, yes five years, next November the 30th.

I am waiting for the Court date where Mercedes-Benz will apply to have me declared a vexus littigant and to enforce the £14,000 Costs Orders against me from previous Court hearings.

There is a race between those dates and my Application for an Arrest Warrant against The President/Managing Director/Others and the Managing Director of Mondial/Others on the Charge of Conspiricy to Defraud, Conspiricy to Pervert the Course of Justice and Conspiricy to commit Perjury.

I would hesitate to recommend going to Law against MB unless you have very deep pockets and the patience of Job.

WOW !----dare I ask what you drive nowadays Robert?

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
WOW !----dare I ask what you drive nowadays Robert?

I have the use of my nephews Toyota Carolla "S" reg which starts every time even if left for weeks. It is washed every year, passes the MOT without any work and is rust free.

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
I have the use of my nephews Toyota Carolla "S" reg which starts every time even if left for weeks. It is washed every year, passes the MOT without any work and is rust free.

Yes we had one a few years back -horribly reliable-it did the London run every week for about 2 years when my son 1st started working in the city-the best bit was it was bought for £400 at the local auctions with 80k on the clock and sold with 180k on for £500!!! after 2 years use.

prm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml350 bluetec sport 13 plate
Yes we had one a few years back -horribly reliable-it did the London run every week for about 2 years when my son 1st started working in the city-the best bit was it was bought for £400 at the local auctions with 80k on the clock and sold with 180k on for £500!!! after 2 years use.

Christ........ makes you wonder why we bother with ****** expensive cars.:rolleyes:

Dave Brooker

Reaction score
I'm not sure by how much you are out of pocket here , or exactly how you stand in law , but I'm guessing you paid this Taunton dealership a fair amount to fix your car and they did not fix it .

Since you will no doubt have a few invoices from them for their 'efforts' , and can probably obtain a diagnosis from the independent who did , in the end , fix it , as well as being able to show somehow that this sensor is ' a known fault ' - I'd have thought you'd have a very good chance of taking them to the small claims court and getting your money back .

Won't all this talk of compo and court action be scuppered by:

"The SERVICE MANAGERS RESPONSE WAS "WE WILL KEEP HAVING IT BACK UNTIL WE CAN FIND THE CAUSE OF THE FAULT"."

It's not like OP *had* to give up and sell his car, and it's not MB Taunton's probem that he threw in the towel and traded it for a BM.

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

"The SERVICE MANAGERS RESPONSE WAS "WE WILL KEEP HAVING IT BACK UNTIL WE CAN FIND THE CAUSE OF THE FAULT"."

It's not like OP *had* to give up and sell his car, and it's not MB Taunton's probem that he threw in the towel and traded it for a BM.

Err, I hesitate to throw my two pennys worth into the mix but;

The word is "reasonable".

There is plenty of precedents to cover this type of consumer complaint.

I believe it is held that three "goes" at addressing the problem is "reasonable"
before seeking re-dress.

The repairer has a "Duty of Care" towards the "goods" and as a "proffesional" is expected to correct the fault in a "workman like" manner within a "reasonable " time.

To expect the customer to pay for damage/work caused by their "negligence/incompedence" can, in my opinion, be classed as theft.

Complain to the Society of Motor traders; Merecedes-Benz are proud members:(

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
I have been ordering my new parts from Mercedes, Taunton. Somerset. for seven years and have never had a problem they have always been so help full. Hope this helps

OP
F

Firststar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLS320 CDi
I have been ordering my new parts from Mercedes, Taunton. Somerset. for seven years and have never had a problem they have always been so help full. Hope this helps

As I have already stated never had a problem with the parts department!

OP
F

Firststar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLS320 CDi

I take it you are a millionaire and can afford to keep paying for a fault that you have already paid to have put right. The fact that they even misdiagnosed the problem seems fine with you and your obviously deep pockets just ooze money and you wouldn't care that your car is off the road for weeks at a time with a so called MAIN DEALER Not having a clue what they are doing.
NO THOUGHT NOT!

Dave Brooker

Reaction score
I take it you are a millionaire and can afford to keep paying for a fault that you have already paid to have put right. The fact that they even misdiagnosed the problem seems fine with you and your obviously deep pockets just ooze money and you wouldn't care that your car is off the road for weeks at a time with a so called MAIN DEALER Not having a clue what they are doing.
NO THOUGHT NOT!

I had an expensive part fitted to my car earlier in the year, turned out to be something else.

Not really the shops fault, second time around they got it right.

Such is life.

Perhaps we shoud all buy Hyundais with their 7 year warrenties?

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
NO THOUGHT NOT!

I think part of your problem is evidenced above - you get too emotional.

You got messed about - no question
The dealer's service personnel approach to you as a person was awful - no question
The dealer adopted the "address the symptom" approach - no question.

However, you were offered a lot of encouragement and advice in terms of how to go about addressing this. You seemed however intent on swapping, indeed I have the distinct impression you had already committed before you posted.

There was a way through this, but it called for a controlled approach and in that respect, it was never going to work.

I wish you well with your new car.

OP
F

Firststar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLS320 CDi
I think part of your problem is evidenced above - you get too emotional.

You got messed about - no question
The dealer's service personnel approach to you as a person was awful - no question
The dealer adopted the "address the symptom" approach - no question.

However, you were offered a lot of encouragement and advice in terms of how to go about addressing this. You seemed however intent on swapping, indeed I have the distinct impression you had already committed before you posted.

There was a way through this, but it called for a controlled approach and in that respect, it was never going to work.

I Had No Intention of changing my Car until after the Third visit and "We Will keep having it back until we find the problem" attitude of the dealer.
I lost all faith in the dealership and the fact that after they had it it suddenly came up with a list of fault codes that were not there at the service made me loose faith in the car! I simply could not keep throwing money at the dealer in the hope that he would "eventually" fix the problem. I believe three attempts were more than enough oppertunity to diagnose and rectify the problem.
As I Stated before this was my every day car and I simply could not afford to have it off the road for them to experiment with.
The decision was made to change the car after serious deliberation as to what other bills are coming after all of the fault codes appeared.
I loved my CLS to bits and it was a car I had always wanted to own, and again as i had stated before it had never had a fault up to the point it was serviced by Mercedes benz of Taunton.Before that it was fault free.
And Believe me the decision to change didnt come cheap but waying up the repeated costs from the dealership in taunton seemed the only option.

Pontoneer

Banned
Reaction score
I Had No Intention of changing my Car until after the Third visit and "We Will keep having it back until we find the problem" attitude of the dealer.
I lost all faith in the dealership and the fact that after they had it it suddenly came up with a list of fault codes that were not there at the service made me loose faith in the car! I simply could not keep throwing money at the dealer in the hope that he would "eventually" fix the problem. I believe three attempts were more than enough oppertunity to diagnose and rectify the problem.
As I Stated before this was my every day car and I simply could not afford to have it off the road for them to experiment with.
The decision was made to change the car after serious deliberation as to what other bills are coming after all of the fault codes appeared.
I loved my CLS to bits and it was a car I had always wanted to own, and again as i had stated before it had never had a fault up to the point it was serviced by Mercedes benz of Taunton.Before that it was fault free.
And Believe me the decision to change didnt come cheap but waying up the repeated costs from the dealership in taunton seemed the only option.

You have my deepest sympathies - I just feel it is rotten that you have been put off what clearly was a good car underneath it all , and moreover put off the marque because of the bad service you received .

What is done is now done and the car is gone . I would , however , be looking to recover the money thrown away on these unnecessary 'repairs' due to Taunton's misdiagnosis .

A few minutes discussing the situation to a solicitor ( especially if you can find one locally who will give a free consultation ) to find out what he reckons your chances are , would be time very well spent IMHO . Even if you can find one who will chat for five minutes on the phone might be enough .....

There would be some justice , at least , if Taunton were forced to refund the cash they took for no benefit to you . If you can recover the loss in value of the car as well , so much the better .

Being forced to pay out is the one thing their management might take notice of .

Dave Brooker

Reaction score

Is that not a good attitude?

As in don't worry we'll sort it out?

Late model cars are complex beasts...

it had never had a fault up to the point it was serviced by Mercedes benz of Taunton.Before that it was fault free.

I thought the problems only started 500miles after the service?

thebeard

Reaction score
The Only way I would buy another new Mercedes is with a 5 year full service warranty

In other words I only want to be responsible for the tyres.

Otherwise forget MB

I'm looking at BMW at the moment I think they do a deal like that.

If a manufacturer doesn't have the confidence to give a 5 year full parts and labour warranty and have a service deal one off payment etc then they are not worth buying from.

In 2010 the technology should be there for every manufacturer to do this not just manufacturers from the far east !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom