Mercedes E350 bluetec convertible 15 plate

Gary Toth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
r107
Just received a letter from DVLA as my car was a pre-used purchase saying that Mercedes want to recall my car for brain upgrades, It is to do with the fuel/M.P.G. scam that all the manufactory seemed to have got involved with. It also states that it will now use more AdBlue after the upgrade. Anybody else received the same or had it done? They reckon there will be no loss of performance either B.H.P. or NM but I'm not convinced. your thoughts! and has anybody had it done yet?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Lots of people have had it done, there is no loss in power that anyone had noticed but MPG will reduce and adblue use will increase as they say

OP
Gary Toth

Gary Toth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
r107
Thanks for that.
Dose the AdBlue tank still take you between services do you know? and losing mpg 's not good!

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
More ad blue lol. Only if you do 40k a year would it even hit your pocket. My 350 was done in March 2020. Before I bought it , so can't compare performance figures and ad blue usage , but I can say it gets to 6 points really quickly and I put 4 litres of ad blue in the tank in April and still no warnings.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Afraid I don’t know, probably not though, it is pretty easy to add some in yourself though, all going to depend on your mileage

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Watch out for NOX sensors failing post software upgrade...

OP
Gary Toth

Gary Toth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
r107
wow those nox sensors not cheap.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A remap after the update ,puts it back to standard plus the new map of course..

OP
Gary Toth

Gary Toth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
r107
how so? I would have thought it would have been the update would be the new standard no?
plus the remap

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
how so? I would have thought it would have been the update would be the new standard no?
plus the remap

Remappers remove the new update when its remapped.

OP
Gary Toth

Gary Toth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
r107
Oh, I see, so Mercedes will remap the original mapping, yes I'm with it now. so a remap after the recall could leave me in all sorts of do do. Regarding emissions and euro 6 standing? as it's monitored by D, V, L, A.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No a proper remap will not undo the changes being applied by the manufacturer, any reputable tuner these days is actually adapting the new maps rather than flashing back to a previous factory setting and then mapping that, if they were found to be doing that I’m sure they would find themselves in deep water very very quickly

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No a proper remap will not undo the changes being applied by the manufacturer, any reputable tuner these days is actually adapting the new maps rather than flashing back to a previous factory setting and then mapping that, if they were found to be doing that I’m sure they would find themselves in deep water very very quickly

It would take a good knowledge to know the cars been updated and to base a remap around the new binary data . I'm thinking about a remap myself . Id be interested in hearing from a reputable service thats doing this ,such as gad tuning etc.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It would take a good knowledge to know the cars been updated and to base a remap around the new binary data . I'm thinking about a remap myself . Id be interested in hearing from a reputable service thats doing this ,such as gad tuning etc.
I know Anthony @GAD Tuning LTD has been doing this and could likely give more information from first hand experience

OP
Gary Toth

Gary Toth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
r107
The company I'm thinking of using has been going over twenty-five years to my knowledge so they should be sound enough Interpro in Thornbury nr Bristol. I used them before for head work, and was happy, they want £250 as apposed to £400 others have asked, they do it through the obd port I think he said and it takes about half a day depending on how long it takes to get the information back from where ever it comes from it is a generic one but built on the information that he downloads from mine, quoting the same figures as everyone else. about 50bhp and 620 nm i think he said. So to re-cap getting it remapped after the recall will not put me foul of dvla and would not stop the insurance from offering cover.
Gary.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The company I'm thinking of using has been going over twenty-five years to my knowledge so they should be sound enough Interpro in Thornbury nr Bristol. I used them before for head work, and was happy, they want £250 as apposed to £400 others have asked, they do it through the obd port I think he said and it takes about half a day depending on how long it takes to get the information back from where ever it comes from it is a generic one but built on the information that he downloads from mine, quoting the same figures as everyone else. about 50bhp and 620 nm i think he said. So to re-cap getting it remapped after the recall will not put me foul of dvla and would not stop the insurance from offering cover.
Gary.
It shouldn’t do but best to specifically ask if they are altering any of the emissions parts of the map, if not and you announce a remap to the insurer then you should be fine. £250-300 is about right for ODB remap,

OP
Gary Toth

Gary Toth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
r107
the two ive checked on here are £400 plus the vodka and tonic or four for cash, plus an eight-hour drive from Glastonbury. plus one want the car for a day the other for half a day.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Gary, you aren't far from me, but trust me, only trust GAD. Anthoney often will come down to my place to do some mapping. Give him a shout and see what he's got going on and see if he's in the area sometime.

Top Bottom