MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Hello members,

We had this stunning E63 AMG in for calibration analysis and correction.

Client had bought this car with all the mods done which included sports cat downpipes and filters, had been told by the owner it was 750bhp and 1200nm but had complained constantly about throttle behaviour, transmission behaviours, fuelling etc....

Asked the previous owner for the Dyno plot which he never recieved.

Got in touch with us as we have mutual friends and we booked him in for the above.

Lets just say we have seen MANY E63 AMG Running this exact tune!!! Awful tune, lots of calibration areas missed, throttle manipulation a mess, fuelling trims a mess, torque limiters missed!

Got to work as usual checking tyres, dif, coolent, oil and fuel quality while running diagnostics on the vehicle while letting everything cool as these run very hot and can soak while sitting very easily.

Multiple runs and sweep test along with different RPM tests.

OEM - 558bhp and 720nm

XXX Tune - 566bhp and 994nm

Corrected - 679bhp and 1127nm

On the test drive on the road transmission instantly started behaving itself, fuelling smell gone, snappy throttle corrected, much greater driving experience.

Below are plots, shots and runs....

For any enquires please feel free to pop an email over to info@gadtuning.co.uk or call direct on 05603 67 21 09

https://www.gadtuning.co.uk/

https://www.gadtuning.co.uk/rolling-road-essex/

Many thanks
20210204_122556.jpg 20210204_190915.jpg 20210204_123304.jpg 20210204_123323.jpg 20210204_123335.jpg 20210204_133402.jpg Mercedes E63 AMG Stg 2 FIXED.jpg

F1ash

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercs
Who was the tuner or at the very least give us a clue so that we know to steer clear?!

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Who was the tuner or at the very least give us a clue so that we know to steer clear?!
I wouldn't say on the forum it wouldn't be professional :(

Crazy isn't it that the truth would be seen as controversial

Many thanks

F1ash

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercs
They deserve to be named and shamed but it is real concern as you have said that you have seen "many" of these questionable tunes and corrected.

F1ash

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercs
Thing is , there are loads offerin cheap remaps on Facebook
An AMG owner would more than likely go for a "reputable" tuner renowned for tuning AMGs than cheap Facebook rubbish. I know I would!

I have a hunch or a strong feeling that in this scenario it is most probably a tuner who is well known for tuning AMGs which if true is a serious concern!

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
They do need to be named and shamed , but not by GAD , that’s not how it all works
This is very true indeed

This wasn't a cheap remap from ebay lol
An AMG owner would more than likely go for a "reputable" tuner renowned for tuning AMGs than cheap Facebook rubbish. I know I would!

I have a hunch or a strong feeling that in this scenario it is most probably a tuner who is well known for tuning AMGs which if true is a serious concern!
Yes exactly buddy

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
There is also apparently up to date and accurate News ;) . I’m not on the Facetube so I’m not fully up to date:rolleyes:

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
I have literally started using it fir buying / selling pal , i dont get involved in the fake friendship BS lol

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K

If it's the outfit I believe you may be referring to, be very careful not to name them. Libel can be expensive.
I also think you are totally wrong if it is who I'm thinking of.

F1ash

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercs
If it's the outfit I believe you may be referring to, be very careful not to name them. Libel can be expensive.
I appreciate you looking out for me and I am not silly enough to land myself in any trouble for anyone.

It's not my problem.

However, as a genuine MB enthusiast if a tuner is not properly tuning cars as they should then I personally would want to know so that I do not get duped by them.

No different to poor service from a dealership or independent and then sharing the experience with facts.

The fact that is has been mentioned already that it is "controversial" I think it is best to leave it at that.

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Interesting you mention Libel

Many thanks

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Rather than "outing" the crap people to avoid, lets praise the one's we know to be great!
More publicity to those that do it right! Well done GAD Tuning! :cool:
Yes my point exactly let the customers do the talking!

I just always struggle when bits like this come up as we at NO point was going to name names, and also that F1ash might have his suspicions but i would never say if they are true or not but when someone decided to instantly mention Libel but then happily does this on the other Forum???

Many thanks

Team GAD Screenshot_20210215-190453_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20210215-190718_Samsung Internet.jpg

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom