Mercedes Enthusiast magazine - w124 500e guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill J

Reaction score
Further to my last post on the e500/500e, I've found out that Mercedes Enthusiast did a piece on this car in their April 2002 edition. Unfortunately, all back copies are sold out. If anybody out there has a copy and would consider photocopying me the report and send it, I'd be really grateful. Happy to pay any postage/copy costs. Anybody can help, let me know and I'll send my address by personal message or email.
Many thanks, Bill.

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
In the august 2001 edition of the THE MERCEDES-BENZ CLUB magazine "the gazette" Ian Kuah wrote an article on the 500E.
In it he wrote there were 4,500 changes to the standard 124 model the only common body parts being the roof, front doors,glass and boot lid. :shock: :shock: the whole front end was reworked by porsche to accomodate the V8 since the original bodyshell was designed for 4/6 cylinder models. :? The engine block was reputedly lowered/shortened with shorter pistons/ con rods to maintain stroke length. the rear end was a modified SL type as were the brakes. More of a problem might be the electronics since MERC took the chance to try out its new CAN-BUS system linking engine-management/throttle/transmission/ABS/ASR etc etc. :( :( This stuff is all bog standard in the newer models of course but the 500/420E were virtually handbuilt. Unique superb cars but if they require repair/parts from merc you might require a very large wallet!!!!! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom