Mercedes Harrogate

goldy

Reaction score
Website
www.goldsmithmortgages.co.uk
Your Mercedes
2019 W213
Bought my car in March from Mercedes Harrogate. 80 miles away from me. Deal over the phone and a 'service at cost' agreed.
They've been great from the minute I got it.
Couple of issues they could've said wear and tear they rectified with no quibble.
Fault sorted with no fuss.
Service done today. 'At cost' honoured. Half the price of any local dealer.
More importantly they look after customers.
Wonderful dealership and worth considering even if distance a bit much.
Recommend 100%

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Nice to hear of good experiences with MB dealers, mostly people come on forums to whine about terrible service (mostly with good reason though).

Benz17

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350d Amg Premium Saloon, Cavansite Blue, 2017
Nice to hear, i have used MB Brooklands for my last 2 services, for which i have a service plan, they came recommended by another forum member, they are around 75 minute drive from home, and they have been excellent, haven’t tried to upsell, told me wipers need replacing, and one tyre had a bulge but they asked if i would arrange both issues myself, which I duly did.

So I guess they are not all bad.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Nice to hear that MB Harrogate do actual care and give an excellent service - some garages use servicing purely as a cash cow unfortunately. We need a lot more of this type of feedback I know some are reticent to report poor service for obvious reasons but the the antidote to that is to report back on good service

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Absolutely great to hear! Too many dealerships have fallen prey to the unethical operations over the years so a good on one this day and age is like hens teeth regardless of brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
goldy

goldy

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
2019 W213
Nice to hear that MB Harrogate do actual care and give an excellent service - some garages use servicing purely as a cash cow unfortunately. We need a lot more of this type of feedback I know some are reticent to report poor service for obvious reasons but the the antidote to that is to report back on good service
Weirdly bumped into an old colleague in there. He told me his suspension felt loose. Sure enough the health check said this. He asked for a price, they didn't push it.
Makes a change from my previous dealers pinning people down to agree to repairs!!

OP
goldy

goldy

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
2019 W213
Further update.
When I bought the car I negotiated a 12 month Approved Used Warranty once the manufacturer warranty expired. Should be to September 9th 2023.
Merc Harrogate have confirmed extended to Dec 22nd 2023, 3 and a bit months extra.
Great service.

Rob7seven

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2020 AMG C300
I gave up on my local MB dealer when they quoted an unbelievable £650 for an A service. My cars tend to be very low mileage, they're pitifully underused. Sandown insisted on doing everything by the MB book, which said that at almost 3 years spark plugs need replacing, together with a few more expensive and totally unnecessary items. Mine had only done 8000 miles from new and the car was still under MB warranty. I didn't bother arguing, took the car to Startech, who said the car was perfect and that the plugs "Would probable see me out", which is less encouraging the more I think about it.

I recommend my local Startech highly, and wouldn't go anywhere else, but Sandown Poole still send me a Christmas card every year.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I gave up on my local MB dealer when they quoted an unbelievable £650 for an A service. My cars tend to be very low mileage, they're pitifully underused. Sandown insisted on doing everything by the MB book, which said that at almost 3 years spark plugs need replacing, together with a few more expensive and totally unnecessary items. Mine had only done 8000 miles from new and the car was still under MB warranty. I didn't bother arguing, took the car to Startech, who said the car was perfect and that the plugs "Would probable see me out", which is less encouraging the more I think about it.

I recommend my local Startech highly, and wouldn't go anywhere else, but Sandown Poole still send me a Christmas card every year.
That's part of the reason I moved into a vehicle with lower running costs. I started to find it more difficult to justify the size of the invoices that an MB attracted. :rolleyes:

The car was coming up for a service in the new year - £600ish, one of the Nox sensors needed replacement - probably about £1,000, New set of Tyres through age rather than wear - £700ish, repair of envy stripe on front off side wing and drivers door - £1,000ish. :(

Since we moved into Norwich we probably only do 100 miles a month, it spent most of it's time parked in the courtyard below the Apartment block where we live. The shopping area of Norwich is simply a 5 minute walk through the Cathedral grounds. All of our immediate family live just outside Norwich, the furthest away being Wymondham, about 9 miles from us. It would probably make more sense to hire a car when I need one. :)

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
I’ve phone MB Harrogate a couple of times for prices on brabus tuning boxes and they were useless can’t comment on their service department tho

OP
goldy

goldy

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
2019 W213
Just the reaction all dealerships should adopt.
All too often we hear of complaints.
Good to hear.
Update. When it was approaching service time I emailed again and said 'you said to let you know when due' As promised, a reduced price service quote, which included the cabin filter and another part which didn't quote on the service portal.

Top class service from them again. Worth the long drive. Gives the car a run out and a nice place to visit!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom