Mercedes Independent garages in the Manchester area?

GlenH

Reaction score
Does anybody know of or had experience with any Mercedes independent garages in the Manchester area? ? my 202 Cdi220 is due for one of the big services.

Cheers

GlenH

Reaction score
Independent M/Cr area

Try SPR Autos in Stockport. Tel 0161 480 6095. Steve is very helpful and reasonably priced.

E

edmason

I can?t recommend Greenvale in Whitefield. I took my 1992 W124 in because the aircon wasn?t working. They quoted me £500 to fix it, & I bit the bullet & agreed, having had similar quotes elsewhere. They told me it was fixed, so I picked it up & paid. Difficult to tell if it was working properly on a cold day in the garage, but on the way home it became clear it wasn?t working at all. I cancelled the cheque & went back. To cut a long story short they eventually had the car in their garage for three weeks, without fixing it, & refused to let me have it back unless I paid them £500. In the end they botched the aircon, so it now works, but the heater doesn?t, and I can?t get fresh air, only re-circulated air. I still had to pay £500 get my car back (legal advice was to pay, then pay for an independent engineers report, then sue. I decided life was too short!) It was better before they had it, & I?m £500 down! :mad:

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
Duke Street Autopoint Rochdale

I really should go in to the advertising game. I've had my Mercs, Beemers and Alfa service by Luc for nearly 20 years. He's had a few Mercs and Beemers himself and is a belting mechanic. Nothing to get between you, him and the oily bits. I recommend him to my best mate's mum, so don't hesitate to recommend him to anyone else. Good mechanic-ing at a reasonable rate.

Top Bottom