Mercedes led light replacement

Mfgotten

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
Hello guys can anyone assist, wondering how much it is to fix a led headlight on a 2016 a class sport premium.
tried speaking to Mercedes directly and was told they don’t have the price in front of them lol, quite appalling service with these dealerships!!
but if anyone has a rough guide and had this done please let me know
Thanks

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Hello guys can anyone assist, wondering how much it is to fix a led headlight on a 2016 a class sport premium.
tried speaking to Mercedes directly and was told they don’t have the price in front of them
I'm curious to know how the conversation went after this, because presumably you asked why they couldnt just look it up on the system there and then?
I would imagine a replacement headlight unit will certainly not be cheap.

OP
M

Mfgotten

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
I didn’t ask this, I just asked if they could provide an estimate of the cost plus labour and they said they don’t know this and they don’t understand why I was directed to that department (although another member of staff put me through and said they’d help with that)

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Ahhh right, I thought you were simply asking for a price for the headlight.
My mistake...and looking back on it you did say "fix" :)

They will probably want an extortionate amount to fit it...but sometimes these jobs are not nearly as straightforward as one might expect.

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
To " fix a led headlight" is a little vague

OP
M

Mfgotten

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
Ahhh right, I thought you were simply asking for a price for the headlight.
My mistake...and looking back on it you did say "fix" :)

They will probably want an extortionate amount to fit it...but sometimes these jobs are not nearly as straightforward as one might expect.
Oh no I explained things and was told someone from the department would help me with a quote. Then got transferred and they said they don’t sit in front of their price list essentially. It’s okay though I guess.
Yes i heard programming is involved so wanted to know. So many people have Mercedes vehicles but I’m finding it hard to believe they have to pay £400 to change a light. With my luck, my bmw lights went off every few months so I’m wary

OP
M

Mfgotten

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
To " to fix a led headlight" is a little vague
Replace a faulty led headlight is the better way to put it I suppose

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
There are many parts that fail on leds headlamps from a fuse to a controller to the actual headlamp or wiring or a combination of all . Diagnose first then quote.

OP
M

Mfgotten

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
There are many parts that fail on leds headlamps from a fuse to a controller to the actual headlamp or wiring or a combination of all . Diagnose first then quote.
Thanks, used to my lights going off on a bmw, sort of assumed it would be similarly straightforward. Learn something new everyday

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Thanks, used to my lights going off on a bmw, sort of assumed it would be similarly straightforward. Learn something new everyday
I would have thought LED headlamps on a BMW would be similarly complex?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
LED headlights are generally sealed units and >£1,000...

(VW Polo =£1,100)

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Replaced a pair of 222 headlamps last year with control units, customer said they were stolen, over £1800 each!!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Replaced a pair of 222 headlamps last year with control units, customer said they were stolen, over £1800 each!!
And at that price it’s not surprising they’re a target for thieves...

Janchee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ex W213/2016/220D 190
That’s why Mercedes warranty exclude lamp units ... I’ve got the multi beam on the E class and I’m not going to lie, it does make me nervous at the potential cost if it failed So many LEDs and let’s face it ... Mercedes Led reliability at the minute isn’t that great haha

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
MB will need to determine the fault before they quote for replacing the offending part.
Did you give vin and exact part details that need replacing.
MB can be reluctant on this without seeing the car. They replace something you instructed them to, and it wast broken - then they have you screaming down thier necks.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Thats shocking, the theft. Have people not got anything better to do. I am also suprised they appear easy to get at. Normally a bonnet open job, bumber fettling etc whereas thieves are normally in and out type mongs

barry jones

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016, LWB W222 AMG Line S-Class S350d - W415 Citan Van too :)
At Creamfields the other year, there were top end cars like Range Rovers that had their entire front ends stolen (wings, headlights, grilles, bonnets etc) , parked on a car park, supposedly with security walking around... they'll nick anything these days, even if it is bolted down (or on)

Top Bottom