Mercedes Me 2020 APP

JCP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 S350 L AMG Line
Hi,

I've now had to move from the old MM app to the new MM 2020 app and MM have confirmed that my account is verified, fully up to date, with all subscriptions current.

The new MM 2020 app appears to work fine, with one exception. When I send an address from the app to the car, the app confirms its been sent, but the car doesn't receive it.

Each time I go to the car I take the mobile phone with me, although it's been suggested that the new MM 2020 app send the data over the internet and not via Bluetooth.

Has anyone had the same issue, and more importantly, were to able to rectify it? If so, how?

Cheers

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I’ve still got both versions of the app on my iPhone and both seem to work although there are various warning messages on the old one. I haven’t used “send to car” for a while partly because I haven’t been anywhere different of late and also because it used to be so unreliable and hit and miss that I tended not to bother.

As I understand it, the system has always worked by the app sending the address to the Mercedes' servers which then, in turn, send the details to the car via the car's inbuilt SIM card. I see yours is a 2017 car and some services are only free for three years so I wonder whether your free period has expired for this service? You can check the status of the various services on your Mercedes Me portal, via the website.

OP
JCP

JCP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 S350 L AMG Line
I’ve still got both versions of the app on my iPhone and both seem to work although there are various warning messages on the old one. I haven’t used “send to car” for a while partly because I haven’t been anywhere different of late and also because it used to be so unreliable and hit and miss that I tended not to bother.

As I understand it, the system has always worked by the app sending the address to the Mercedes' servers which then, in turn, send the details to the car via the car's inbuilt SIM card. I see yours is a 2017 car and some services are only free for three years so I wonder whether your free period has expired for this service? You can check the status of the various services on your Mercedes Me portal, via the website.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Whilst not on MM, both my cars have this facility and both are hit and miss. Remote servers seem to cause huge delays!

OP
JCP

JCP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 S350 L AMG Line
Hi Steve,

I've had some progress on Sunday with MM.

The car has all its subscriptions fully paid up for a further two years and according to MM, the MM 2020 app should send the message to the car by Bluetooth and also over the internet to the cars sim card. The message is being sent and received in the car via the internet, although the principle method should be by Bluetooth as the car may not always have a data connection over the mobile network.

On the call on Sunday with MM, they're looking at the Bluetooth connectivity as being an issue for the address being sent to the car, although recognise that the mobile phone is making and taking calls with Bluetooth. The word "antenna" was used and it seems some department if Stuggart are involved. The saga continues.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom