Mercedes radio code help

radiocodehelp

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
amg
I can't believe I'm reaching out for help with this—I'm usually the go-to for directing people to the right website to get their codes.

Here's the short version: I changed the battery and when I powered on my Mercedes Audio10 radio with RDS, it displayed the word "CODE." I found the code in the manual, tried inputting it, but the radio keeps showing "WAIT," indicating the code is wrong after three attempts.

I went to the Mercedes dealer, got the same code, but it didn't work. I even removed the radio, noted its model and serial number, and used https://radiocodehelp.com, which gave me a different code. However, the radio only allows four digits to be input, and the new code starts with a 6, making it impossible to enter.

I'm a bit stuck now because someone's coming to see the car later, and the radio isn't functioning. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Dave of DND Services Ltd in Paignton used to post on AN Other forum and was always very helpful ... he fixed a radio/sat-nav/etc on my Smart that a local repairer said couldn't be fixed. He seems to be the go-to place that many dealers use too.
You might well have to send it to him though ...

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
I've seen in the past that the standard MB code translates as MBUSA on your phone keypad - so 62872.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I've seen in the past that the standard MB code translates as MBUSA on your phone keypad - so 62872.
that was definitely the code used to pair your phone to the blue-tooth gizmo under the armrest :)

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Maybe that's where I got it from, as I had a cradle on the UHI connector in the centre arm rest at one time - took it out when I switched to a Samsung A10 as there's no holder for that phone. Don't think I've ever needed a code for the radio though!

Kaos-Industries

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 C-Class Sedan (W205)
Hmm, first post and same name as the website you linked to. Looks like you're affiliated with that site, and the website is actually one of the worst I've seen in the last few hours of researching online decoders for the Becker unit in my own Merc, like showing it has much more TrustPilot reviews than it actually does, which is usually a good indicator of a scammy website.

Last edited:

Kaos-Industries

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 C-Class Sedan (W205)
For anyone else coming across this through Google, this is the website I ended up using, unlike the site above their TrustPilot numbers were accurate and the rest of the site seemed just as legit. They claim to be the cheapest instant provider of Mercedes radio codes, and at £4.99 for the code that was delivered mere seconds later they're probably right. I also had no problems inserting the code like the original post allegedly had, as they provided very clear instructions to do so. https://www.rapidradiocodes.co.uk/manufacturers/mercedes

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 (W222) 2014. Turbo 4.7 V8 with loads of toys. Superfast luxury.
When I changed my battery I clipped a battery charger across the terminals while I did it so the car never lost 12v.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Hmm, first post and same name as the website you linked to. Looks like you're affiliated with that site, and the website is actually one of the worst I've seen in the last few hours of researching online decoders for the Becker unit in my own Merc, like showing it has much more TrustPilot reviews than it actually does, which is usually a good indicator of a scammy website.
Good spot. Bet we dont see the OP again - just fishing for info on how to get radio codes to help his business perhaps.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom