Mercedes S350 Bluetec W221 - 2012 - Rear Height Level Sensor Help Required

Rich2166

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350
Hello MB Owners,

I have a question about my Height Level Sensor 2012 - S350 W221 - I would appreciate everyone’s insight & experience about this issue. Okay this is what happened previously and what I’ve managed to do up to today.

Driving along the Rear became uncomfortable and a Malfunction Triangle appeared on the Dash, after this quite quickly both Rear Air Suspension dropped to the Floor (Low Rider) I managed to drive it home, the Fronts remained okay though. When I got home I parked the car and didn’t drive it again. A few Weeks later I started the car but neither the Front or Rear would rise.

I jacked up the car on the Nearside Rear and located the Height Level Sensor and straight away I could see the Bracket that clamps to the Anti Roll Bar and the Pivot arm had rusted and separated (See Image Attached)

We have Temporary wired the Pivot Arm back onto the Bracket that clamps to the Anti Roll Bar, on doing this the Air Compressor Activated and the Front Air Suspension raised to normal Ride Height, However the Rears did not rise.

My Questions Are:

Why didn’t the Rear Air Suspension also Rise?

Is the fact that Both Front Air Suspension units raised to Normal Height, Indicate the Compressor, Height Level Sensor and the Air Bags are not Faulty, and that once I fit the New Bracket and Pivot Arm, then this issued will be Resolved.

Also will I need to have the New Parts Calibrated?

Many Thanks!

Attachments

• 520647B2-275E-4CE3-809F-37BAB6546E37.jpeg
    520647B2-275E-4CE3-809F-37BAB6546E37.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 3

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom