Mercedes ServicePlan - Discounts and thoughts?

v6matt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 2020 300 EQBoost
Hi All,

My car (2020 GLC300) will be due:-

It's 4th service B - with Cabin filter and Brake Fluid in March 24
and 5th service which is basically an A service and 9g gearbox oil change.

Normally I would just use a good independent as I did on it's 3rd service but with the 4th and 5th being a 'big and bigger' service. The price is within a mere few pounds of each other particularly when you add the 2 x MOT's included in the service plan. In fact Mercedes actually looks cheaper against the cheapest good indy I can find - yes really....

Questions

1) Are there any serviceplan discounts available, I have seen that 20% has done the rounds previously but I can't see anything active. Anything current or coming up that people are aware of?
2) If I set up a serviceplan, can I use the serviceplan at any dealer or does it get setup under the dealer selected (I read somewhere that you can service it wherever, as long as you pay the serviceplan outright - thoughts?)
3) Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Service plan discounts appear to have stopped in 2019/20 and haven't been available since.
My E63 was on a service plan and had one B service to go when I sold it. The guy who bought it had it serviced at another dealer in Lancashire without problems using the plan I'd paid for.
If your next service is a B service it may pay to take out a 3 year 3 service contract to get another major (B) service done under the plan.
It costs no more to pay monthly than to pay the whole lot in one go.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I got 2 three year service plans 3 years ago with a very good discount. £1000 for a SLC250d, & £1100 for a E350CDI.
Both cars had 2 B services & 1 A service, & both had auto box oil changes. MB didn't make any money on those deals.
The next services are both A's which I will pay for. After that I will be looking at service plan deals, but I am not hopeful.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
I'm paying £44 a month for 3 years . Includes additional service items the ess throws up in that time.

£1584 . It will include the automatic transmission next service , brake fluid , pollen filter and the usual oil n filter . In the 3 years .

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
Service plan also includes Mobio, key insurance and breakdown assistance plus a load of additional stuff

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I'm paying £44 a month for 3 years . Includes additional service items the ess throws up in that time.

£1584 . It will include the automatic transmission next service , brake fluid , pollen filter and the usual oil n filter . In the 3 years .
Just looked on MB's site I can only get a quote for the SLC.
£1584 up front payment, or £132 a month for the first 12 months which is the same. no 36 monthly payments offered.
In view of the age of the cars I think I will be going MB independent.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I took mine out nearly three years ago and it is costing me £40 a month. Mobilo only is dependent on a dealer service, not a service plan. Interesting comments about auto trans service. I think mine is due in October (5 years) but nothing showing on the Mercedes Service portal, just a routine A service. Will have to call them sometime.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I took mine out nearly three years ago and it is costing me £40 a month. Mobilo only is dependent on a dealer service, not a service plan. Interesting comments about auto trans service. I think mine is due in October (5 years) but nothing showing on the Mercedes Service portal, just a routine A service. Will have to call them sometime.
Yeah my glc also shows the same , regardless of the mileage I tell it . Ess does state 5 years though ,so I'm hoping mines done in December when it's 5 .

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
You’ll need to remind them, it is covered but they sometimes forget…

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Yeah my glc also shows the same , regardless of the mileage I tell it . Ess does state 5 years though ,so I'm hoping mines done in December when it's 5 .
You need to update your profile to show the GLC instead of your 207

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Just checked mine on ESS and it is showing. Thanks, gives me definite evidence if I meet any resistance IMG_7300.jpeg

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just checked mine on ESS and it is showing. Thanks, gives me definite evidence if I meet any resistance View attachment 85929

Nothing on there about rear diff oil change , yet I saw something mentioned that it's to change at 31000 miles . I dropped mine the other day ( mostly on the road ) and it was black hacky . ( dirty ) . :) Screenshot_20230824-112800-487.png

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I had one that I purchased during covid at a discount (for years 4, 5 & 6) .

It was fine except that, when I sold the car before service 6, the way they worked out the refund was to deduct the cost of the first 2 services which, resulted in a refund that was less than 1/3 of what I paid.

I’m not sure if I was better or worse off having had the contract. Presumably if I'd had the 6th service done, I’d have been better off with the contract.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Nothing on there about rear diff oil change , yet I saw something mentioned that it's to change at 31000 miles . I dropped mine the other day ( mostly on the road ) and it was black hacky . ( dirty ) . :) View attachment 85930
I’ll see what they say about the rear diff - may just get @Cole@MBS to do it sometime

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom