Mercedes SLR

harjeet

Reaction score
does anyone know where i can get the complete body kit to convert the new type SL to SLR. please help

mlc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 S320, 2003 SLK230, 1972 350SL
I think this is a very simple three stage process:

1. Sell SL.
2. Rob a Bank.
3. Purchase SLR.

My understanding is that the SLR is a completley different car, only related by the similar(ish) name. That said perhaps someone does a kit - after all by sitting an elephant on your car you can make it look like a Pegeuot :)

I have to ask the real question though - why would you want to spoil a perfect SL by pretending it is something else?

Mark.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I doubt whether it would be possible. The SLR is a lot longer than the SL with a huge bonnet and a short passenger cell. Any body kit would just look daft as all the proportions would be way out of whack.
Plus, IMHO, adding a 'conversion kit' to a car as beautiful as an SL is sacriledge.

Mmmm

Reaction score
harjeet said:
does anyone know where i can get the complete body kit to convert the new type SL to SLR. please help

Project Kahn have been "improving" cars for a few years now ;)

And can put an SLR nose and body kit on your SL

They'll do 20" wheels or even larger which will compromise the ride and handling of your car, but people buy them for the looks anyway. :D

Link below

http://www.projectkahnmercedes.com/

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom