MERCEDES W221 RADIO NOT WORKING

Sam_egypto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 w221
Hi all

I'm new to this group but it seems very supportive from what I read .

Well here is story we have mercedes s class w221 2007 and radio not.ahowong any stations so do the DVD and bluetooth it's just blank no sound at all in car I took car to mercedes themselves and they said TV TUNER UNIT NEED REPLACE MIGHT SOLVE ISSUE THEY NOT SURE I have found this unit ebay cheap but its different part number its newer version which I HAVE BEEN ADVISED BY MERCEDES THIS PART NUMBER MINE ENDS IN 89 THIS NEWER ONE WHICH BEEN TAKING OFF 2011 S CLASS ENDS 04 .
To cut story short its same plugs etc etc but also the newer part not working and showing no read from diganose machine we have as old unit .(its harmon kardmon)
So I don't know what else to do to fix the radio issues and where else to go if main dealer can't advice me with right information?? Thanks in advance

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

The HK amps fail regularly reading the forum. There are companies out there that repair them but again reading the forum it appears these repairs are temporary at best and owners have struggled getting any warranty or goodwill from the repair company.
New HK amp is the usual fix.

OP
S

Sam_egypto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 w221
Hi

Thanks for replay but before replace the amp is there is any other trick fuse or restart system etc etc .
I can do because I really don't want spend money again buy parts and no result in meantime what is part number for the amplifier please so I can check prices . Thanks again

OP
S

Sam_egypto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 w221
HI

I just notice in dashboard that there is memory card is missing underneath where I load dvd is that can affect the radio command system ?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
HI

I just notice in dashboard that there is memory card is missing underneath where I load dvd is that can affect the radio command system ?
No

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Pull the passenger boot surround out and have a look / see at which amp you have , my 221 has the small amp which seems to be more reliable and cheaper to replace , then go from there pal

OP
S

Sam_egypto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 w221
HI

I have look and thats the number I can see in amp in boot A2218707789

OP
S

Sam_egypto

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 w221
Thats the one i have managed to get one guy who bought it brand new and car written off week later he is asking for £800 for it shall i go ahead ??

Attachments

• 15764100427285748765278528225223.jpg
    15764100427285748765278528225223.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 15

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
Does he have all the receipts & warranty? .......

Repair to yours may be cheaper, search Harman Kardon on here and see if you can pull up the company who repair them.

Riva

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 BlueEfficiency/2010/M278
Hey there. Mercedes should of spent more time diagnosing the issue instead of pushing you to replace the most expensive part of the audio system in a russian roulette attemptto fix it. The way the system works is, if DAB, TV Tunner, Voice Command Module, Comand Unit do not function, then the AGW shuts itself down hence the loss of audio. Best way is to use a MOST loop plug and disconnect each module one by one and see which one brings back audio. Dealers dont want to spend time on diagnosis because there is no profit in that.
I Have a CL500 facelift and I am losing audio even though I do not use DAB. PAst few days I noticed the DAB radio struggling to get signal and switching to "Device Unavailable". Since this only happens during winter for me, it could be a signal strength issue. Problem is these modules do not offer diagnostic data. I am disconnecting mine for now. I am also reading about two issues with the older DAB units: Changes to UK DAB Network mean the device isnt fully compatible anymore and second Comand can only read up to a maximum of 100 stations which obviously was exceeded in the UK.

Hawaiibkk

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 w221 2009
Hi all

I'm new to this group but it seems very supportive from what I read .

Well here is story we have mercedes s class w221 2007 and radio not.ahowong any stations so do the DVD and bluetooth it's just blank no sound at all in car I took car to mercedes themselves and they said TV TUNER UNIT NEED REPLACE MIGHT SOLVE ISSUE THEY NOT SURE I have found this unit ebay cheap but its different part number its newer version which I HAVE BEEN ADVISED BY MERCEDES THIS PART NUMBER MINE ENDS IN 89 THIS NEWER ONE WHICH BEEN TAKING OFF 2011 S CLASS ENDS 04 .
To cut story short its same plugs etc etc but also the newer part not working and showing no read from diganose machine we have as old unit .(its harmon kardmon)
So I don't know what else to do to fix the radio issues and where else to go if main dealer can't advice me with right information?? Thanks in advance
A little late but maybe this helps someone else: same problem. It means one u it on the fiber optic loop is broken. For me it was tv Tu er due to water dripping on it. A 14$ loop fiber optic cape fixed From Amazon the problem. With this cable you can diagnose which one the broken unit is and either take it out of the loop and leave the cable in or replace the broken unit. Radio stations and sound came back immediately

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom