Mirror Repeater Replacement and horn problem - E240 W210 Year 2000

emmet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 (W210) Year 2000
Picked up my E240 yesterday - my first merc and I love it but there are a couple of niggly problems.

1.) The indicator in the drivers side mirror doesn't work. Is it an easy job to replace the LEDs? How do I get at the indicator through the housing ?

2.) The horn seems really weedy - more noddy car than merc but I haven't a clue what the problem could be ?

All help welcome !

Thanks

Emmet

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Welcome to the forum,
1, The side repeater in the mirror has to removed from inside the cover it is secured by 2 very small Torx screws, first you need to remove the mirror cover which is achieved by pushing or folding the mirror towards the door, look at the hinge area and you should see a stainless steel clip, this is released, and gently pull the cover off of the mirror frame, you will have to manouvre the glass the glass as the cover will catch it if you don,t. But before buying a new repeater unit do check that you have a voltage at the repeater plug on the mirror as its not unheard of the cables in the mirror to go open circuit.
2. You should have 2 horns, one hi tone, one low tone, it will be one of these that is faulty, remove from the car give it a good clean and try it again, chances are it will work, new horns from MB are approx. £30

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome to the forum,,,I think that Andy above has spelt it all out nicely

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
I called MB and the repeater unit is around £18 and normally on the shelf - as I need one.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
i priced horns last year from local stealers. theyre about £40 EACH!!!!!

OP
E

emmet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 (W210) Year 2000
Guys many thanks for the help - i'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Emmet

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom