Misfire CE230 1990

J

jeff605

Hi, My 230 had been standing for about thee weeks, started it up but it took a while, usually first go , and ran a bit lumpy, so took it for a run. Misfire got worse, appears to be running on three cylinders. I've changed plugs, checked leads and distributor and not found anything obvious. Is there a " standard " fault causing this I should be aware of, if not any suggestions of where to look please Jeff

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This would often be condensation in the dizzy cap and rotor

OP
J

jeff605

Misfire

Hi, I've been laid up myself with a bad misfire for some time ( !! ) so haven't got back to this yet. When I'm back in action I intend to check all associated plugs/sockets for damp/dirt/corrosion now I've read up on the ignition system. As the fault developed while the car was standing - and the weather was more than a little wet - I suspect it will be something like this that has caused the problem. Will update after these checks. Jeff

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom