Missing fuse box and air suspension problem.

nutty tart

New Registration
Reaction score
Please help!
I'm all new to this. I have purchased a V 230 and the manual I have with the car does not correspond to the year.
It is a 1997 and I can't seem to find one of the fuse boxes.
I have found the one under the passanger seat and the one under the steering wheel column but according to my manual I understand that there is another one somewhere in the passenger footwell? I have removed trim parts from under the dash and checked for secret cubby holes, but can't find any, and the manual does not have any diagrams to indicate where this extra fuse box could or should exsist.
Also while we are on the topic of help I am also having a problem with the air suspension (don't we all!). My V-class has a mod to pump the springs up manaully as I believe the air compressor doesn't work at all, also I get no ELV warning light coming on making me think the system is totally disconnected, relying solely on regular pumpm ups?! Is it beter to revfent the entire system back to OE, or I have read that some people have converted there V-classes back to a steel spring setup. How easy is this to do? is it just a simple matter of swapping out the air springs for a set of standard Vito springs?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Edited as I can't spell.

Last edited:

3narf

Reaction score
Hello! I'm having problems with my rear suspension at the mo' as well. It's in at the dealers again, having a new ECU fitted- I'll let you know if it fixes the problem.

When I get it back I'll have a look for fuse boxes if you want; I only got it at the beginning of the month & the dealers have had it most of the time...

There doesn't seem to be much interest in Vs on here!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom