ML Lights

Rabt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 350 2010
Hi,
I recently went down to the borders at night and found that the lights on my ML were worse than the works van that I have. The car is a 2010 ML350. Does anyone know if its just a case of swapping what I assume is the original Halogen bulbs for the newer Xenon I have read about?
The headlights don't have the fogging on the lens I've seen on other cars.
On a less important note, my mobile phone connects to the car with no problem but I cant play any music from the phone through the car. Again does anyone have any idea? Samsung phone, my friend who was in sales at Audi years ago mentioned that due to the age of the car, it may be the phone.
I hardly drive the car as its my wife's, so it was unusual for me to drive the car without the reason it needs fuel. So apologies if the questions have been asked before.
Thanks in advance
Rab

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Hi,
I recently went down to the borders at night and found that the lights on my ML were worse than the works van that I have. The car is a 2010 ML350. Does anyone know if its just a case of swapping what I assume is the original Halogen bulbs for the newer Xenon I have read about?
On a less important note, my mobile phone connects to the car with no problem but I cant play any music from the phone through the car. Again does anyone have any idea? Samsung phone, my friend who was in sales at Audi years ago mentioned that due to the age of the car, it may be the phone.
I hardly drive the car as its my wife's, so it was unusual for me to drive the car without the reason it needs fuel. So apologies if the questions have been asked before.
Thanks in advance
Rab
For the lights just upgrade the bulbs to night breakers, instantly a better light.
No music streaming can be enabled in the engineering mode but it’s a pita to get to it and isn’t that great in all honesty,

Big Cheese

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 2007
I've found that the wiper's on my ML are the worst I've known in 30+ years of driving.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Funny that I think my ml wipers are light yr better than A class. But after 20 yr I still don't hear the single wiper on my clk w208. Which to me at least is the best build quality of all of them, never a drip inside.
Sl600 r230 was not bad either but look at the price of that new.

OP
R

Rabt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 350 2010
Thanks for the tip on night breaker I`ll give it ago.
Regarding the wipers? Just to show how much I get to drive the car, I've never had to use them so I've no idea if they're good or bad. Some feat in Scotland! Its a nice clear sky, so its just about to rain.
Thanks again

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Big cheese.. Try scrubbing yr windscreen with old newspaper. See wot happens clean with microfiber first

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
What blades are using. I find MB blades or bosch the only ones worth the buck.

Big Cheese

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 2007
What blades are using. I find MB blades or bosch the only ones worth the buck.
I have Mercedes blades on at the moment,but I don't think the blades are the problem.
It just seems to me that the wiper mechanism isn't set right if that makes sense.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi,
Thanks in advance
Rab

As Matt has said, get yourself some Osram Night Breaker bulbs. Amazing improvement :)

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
I have Mercedes blades on at the moment,but I don't think the blades are the problem.
It just seems to me that the wiper mechanism isn't set right if that makes sense.

makes sense. if the blades are in good order then the only think facilitating their contact to the screen is the tension in the arms (spring operated) give the arms a lube and make sure the springs are not corroded thus losing thier ability to maintain tension.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom