ML W164 navigation

Chris810

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml 350 bluethingy
I am in the final stages of looking for a W164 ML but have yet to decide on an actual car

can anybody give me some advise on Command style navigation units

I would like to upgrade the NTS 2.0 unit in the cars I have been looking at in ,order to get I Pod integration and full postcode nav, and have narrowed it down to either a refurbished NTS 2.5 unit or the Davanyn unit

anybody got experience of the refurbished units or, in respect of the Dynavin what maps are available? I am used to using a TOM TOM can I get those maps for the Davanyn?

any help would be appreciated

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
Purchased the Dynavin D-99 unit and the Sygic maps.

Thus far I have no complaints. The maps are on a par with the Tom Tom. One thing I hated about all of the built in nav systems I have had (Clk, jag, Lexus) is that you aren't able to display speed camera info. Even though I had the nav units built in I resorted to my Tom Tom as it gave this improved functionality.

Only disappointing thing is that the radio reception isn't as good in patchy areas as my old system, but I am looking at ways to improve this.

Mark

OP
C

Chris810

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml 350 bluethingy
Thats good to hear, regarding the maps I have never had a built in system because the Tom Tom was always better at a tenth of the price. however almost all the ML's I see have a built in system which is clunky and awkward. As for the radio, I am much more interested in the I pod connection, and phone connectivity, although I had a top end parrot system fitted in one of my other vehicles which drove me to distraction and I hated almost from the moment it was fitted it and I am concerned the Dynavin will be the same.

I agree that the speed camera warnings are very useful and I would not want to loose those.

The adverts talk about internet connectivity how does that work? I will be using the car in places that a phone signal is a luxury.

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
Chris, I can't comment on the Internet connectivity as I have never used it. Phone works well, no need for external mic, I tend to play my music over Bluetooth, and have no complaints. I did have the viseeo adaptor for my car, and found that it was hit and miss with my iPhone, sometimes it recognised it then it didn't an you had to pair it again.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom