ML63 Buying Guide/Advice

Ramaya

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350CDI BlueTech AMG-Line (2015)
Not long ago there was another thread started about buying an ML63, I'm in a similar situation and hopefully looking to collect information on here in order to educate myself and any other potential owners.

Things I expect:
- 18mpg :eek:
- Relatively high service costs
- High insurance
- £650 Road Tax

Common Issues I faced with my current ML350 BlueTech that can potentially manifest on the ML63:
- Front Collision Warning Sensor water ingress that almost made the car inoperable.

Things to look out for:
- Full-service history
- No modifications whatsoever
- Major items that have been changed?
- Avoid dodgy dealers - unfortunately most of the cars on sale are available by second-tier dealers, which wouldn't be my first choice for a car like that.

Do any people here have examples in the 60k upwards range and can share their experience with the car?

Any major mechanical issues that can surface?

Are you better off avoiding an air-suspension car as they age in order to avoid any high repair costs?

What are the service costs for A&B Services?

Thanks

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
My advise, any modern 60 +k mile car IS going to cost you, u must remember that at that milage someone else has likely had the economic life costs wise.
Also its just fact the more complex the car systems the more its going to cost to run/fix.
That said if ml 63 is what floats ur boat go for it. U cud get lucky and have yrs of happy motoring.
Being in a position to do most things yourself can mitigate the costs.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I think 18mpg might be hopeful, unless on a run.

To mirror the comments above. When bits go wrong (engine wise, suspension wise etc) they will be expensive.

Forget warranties etc, most are crap. Set aside a budget for repairs and you will be fine.

We charge 170+vat and 270+vat for both services, but this does not include mileage or time based additional items (gearbox oil, air filters, spark plugs etc)

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
'Are you better off avoiding an air-suspension car as they age in order to avoid any high repair costs?'
I suspect that all 2012 onwards ML63s will have air suspension as standard.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
As I say to everyone buying an AMG, its a high performance car with a high performance price tag. No longer are they modified stock cars, they are bespoke built which means that repairing them will always come with a price tag, with intricate knowledge.

We work on lots of AMG's and engines, if not serviced properly will experience wear to cams, lifters and gears. We no longer use stock oil in them, always race oil and have our own recommendations for slight modifications which just help them run, breathe and last a little longer.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I saw an ML63 yesterday…

…In my rear view mirror as he decided to be a twunt at the lights coming off a roundabout.

I’m not sure who was more surprised ;)

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom