Mobilo and CAN Bus Issue

lordgaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S-Class S55 AMG 2000 / W220 S-Class S55K AMG 2003 / W163 ML270 / Jaguar XJR X350
Hi All - My car is first registered in October 2003 - FMBSH - It will not start (can bus issue) - Am I correct in thinking I can phone Mobilo and get them to look at it / recover it to a local Mercedes dealer 23 miles away? Would it matter that I have some covers off inside where I have been trying to trace the issue or shoud I put it all back together first :) ?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
you are right, the only issue being that you are stuck with MB main dealer then, not cheap!
as above, I'd stick the covers back on.....

OP
lordgaz

lordgaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S-Class S55 AMG 2000 / W220 S-Class S55K AMG 2003 / W163 ML270 / Jaguar XJR X350
I'd definitely put the covers back and feign ignorance
you are right, the only issue being that you are stuck with MB main dealer then, not cheap!
as above, I'd stick the covers back on.....
That’s what you pay for :D

Thanks all - Yeah, I'll do that - My MB dealer is really good - They were cheaper than my local indie and my other nearest MB dealer on the last major service by quite a margin and they even gave me more discount on the day - I'd feel better if they looked at this issue as I do not have a really good local MB Indie I can trust...
I'll update later.

OP
lordgaz

lordgaz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Small update - Mobilo sent out the RAC who scanned the car and came up with less on their scanners than the MBII scanner I have - Very friendly chap though, and his reckoning was starter motor (even though I get no relay clicking or dimming etc) - To be honest, I would be happy if he's right. Car then got taken away this morning on a flatbed truck to MB. I will wait and see what they say - So thank goodness for Mobilo so far.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom