Most stupid road in Britain

psmart

Reaction score
I agree with you psmart the French and the Dutch are particularly rubbish on the road !!.
... I forgot to mention the Belgique's ... the most terrible driving race to walk this planet!!!

They are brilliant for Chocolate, Beer, Languages etc.... but any country which puts Traffic lights in the middle of Motorways has to be high on something!

Trouble with low speed limits is people forget why their in a tin box with 4 wheels... their minds go onto anything and everything but driving! Unfortunately women seem to be the worst offender at these times because their men folk are too damned lazy to drive and thir wifes probably dont do that much driving!!

Oh well... One day all roads will be Autobahns :)

OP
jberks

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Not driver related, this one but one that amuses me every time I see it.
It's a speed camera on the Leeds outer ring road. There is a 30mph zone and a wide, adverse cambered roundabout that you have to slow down for or you'd fall off the road. Then you reach the exit and are faced with a steep hill, dual carriageway with a national speed limit sign ..... and a gatso.
Now I guess it might be possible for someone to acccelerate from the roundabout, up to say 80 in the 50 yards between that and the gatso, maybe in an AMG or a Porsche but for the rest of us, I consider it a physical impossibility to exceed the speed limit at that point.
So what's it supposed to achieve?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Not driver related, this one but one that amuses me every time I see it.
It's a speed camera on the Leeds outer ring road. There is a 30mph zone and a wide, adverse cambered roundabout that you have to slow down for or you'd fall off the road. Then you reach the exit and are faced with a steep hill, dual carriageway with a national speed limit sign ..... and a gatso.
Now I guess it might be possible for someone to acccelerate from the roundabout, up to say 80 in the 50 yards between that and the gatso, maybe in an AMG or a Porsche but for the rest of us, I consider it a physical impossibility to exceed the speed limit at that point.
So what's it supposed to achieve?

It is to catch the AMG's :D
Saw this in Warwickshire with a camera in the middle of 3 closely spaced roundabouts and a 60 MPH limit

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
In my many years of driving, including 10 as a driving instructor, there is no doubt the standard of driven has deteriorated. The sheer lack of awarness is the most worrying aspect.

When I was on the road, mostly, M4 and 5, when there had traffic jam and I finally reached the open road I would accelerate and look in my rear view mirror, nobody behind! A lot of the time there would be no indication of what caused the standing traffic in the first place

Here in London, red lights, advisory, especialy for cyclists and mini cab drivers. The same with road markings, but then, all we have policing the traffic are Parking Attendents and cameras, but, if you do not have any of the following, who cares; Licence, tax, mot, insurance, registration document.

Any one or most likly all.

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
The A13 goig into London from Barking (or out of). It is a major trunk road dual carriage way 2 to 3 lanes and cameras all the way along it, no problem with that . But because the road goes through several London Boroughs the speed limit varies from 30 ,40, 50 back to 30 for which I cannot see any reason why this should be other than to go one better than the last Borough along the route in a cynical attempt to extract money from drivers who are lulled into a false sense of security thinking they are driving within the speed limit then zap as you enter another borough with a lower speed limit . Driving along this road doesn't mean the speed limit is the same on the opposite carriageway and going in the opposite direction either .

Even London cabbies get caught out on this road .

This road really needs a variable speed limit (they do work) as you can be driving along late at night or early morning on 2 or 3 lane carriage way and limited to 30 mph which is crazy .

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
the M8 through glasgow between15.00 and 18.30, problem is the budding jason plato's flying up the inside lanes or outside( goes from 4 lanes down to 2- outside and inside are slip roads) although in fairness there is many on slips going through the city centre, its usually qued back 5-7 miles both directions, maybe when they finish the M74 extention things may improve, still to many hawfwits that think their good drivers on the road!!!!!!!!

I've never had one pleasurable drive along the "8". Its the only motorway where there is a merge onto the right lane (the one from great western road at charing cross). Once your onto the 6 lane section where it splits for the M80/M8 is chaos at the best of times.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom