Move from ML to GLE?

Holdatcharlie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML300 2010 3L
Hi. I’ve just joined the forum and would like to pick peoples brains about owning A GLE.

I currently own a 60 plate ML and am considering trading it in for a used GLE. We love the ML but don’t want to get left behind. Because my wife and I share the car a high priority on the list for a replacement would be a memory package. We love it on our ML. To get this on a GLE means at least a Premium package and I prefer the AMG styling. But hat comes with a lot of whistles and bells that I am not too bothered about (panoramic roof, self parking et al). I must say I have not been impressed with the Artico seats in examples I have looked at - not a patch on leather effect and cloth ones on the ML.

So I’m wondering whether it’s worth spending a lot of money just for the number plate or would I be better getting one of the last MLs.

Any thoughts anyone? Any GLE owners who have progressed from ML?

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Get left behind?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Aren't they the same car with a different badge on????

There is an all new GLE out next year

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe

^^^ This really ^^^

I test drove a GLE nearly two years ago now and, to be honest, found it dated as it was just the same as an ML apart from a couple of bits and pieces.

If I were you I'd wait for the new one or have a look at the GLC which is a reasonable bit of kit. Or even stick with your ML...

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Stick a private plate on it and you’ll never be left behind :D

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)

Not the same car. A 2010 ML is a w164 and the later ML's (from 2012) are w166. I think the newer GLE is pretty much the same as a w166.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Hi. I’ve just joined the forum and would like to pick peoples brains about owning A GLE.

I currently own a 60 plate ML and am considering trading it in for a used GLE. We love the ML but don’t want to get left behind. Because my wife and I share the car a high priority on the list for a replacement would be a memory package. We love it on our ML. To get this on a GLE means at least a Premium package and I prefer the AMG styling. But hat comes with a lot of whistles and bells that I am not too bothered about (panoramic roof, self parking et al). I must say I have not been impressed with the Artico seats in examples I have looked at - not a patch on leather effect and cloth ones on the ML.

So I’m wondering whether it’s worth spending a lot of money just for the number plate or would I be better getting one of the last MLs.

Any thoughts anyone? Any GLE owners who have progressed from ML?
I upgraded from a 2009 ML320 to a 2012 ML350 and was a bit disappointed. The enine in the w166 was slightly quieter and performed a little better with better fuel economy but everything else was worse IMO. I wished I had bought a 2011 Grand Edition instead. The GLE is 99% an ML.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom