Multiple error codes

Daniel290

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 cdi 2013 (c207)
Hi.
I have some problems with my E220 cdi 2013, around 130 000km for some time.
About a year ago, I had some dpf issues followed by yellow engine light and limp mode. Cleaned the dpf by driving on highway with some aditives, it helped for a moment.
Then it got back. I noticed damaged hose, so I took it to Mercedes shop to replace it. It was a big ass hose found at bottom of engine space, on the right side. I was told that it is a hose that brings cooled air from turbo to engine. Not sure about that.
They cleaned my dpf by some aggresive driving as well, because their diagnostics said, that it is in bad shape. They told me afterwards that it is clean up to about 10% I think (a while ago, not quite remember exact number)
But then, after some time, the problem came back. Sometimes limp mode without engine light, then engine light went on and stayed, limp mode sometimes activated, sometimes not
I noticed another damaged hose, about the same size, this time Orange one.
I ordered a new one by the number on it and changed it with my friend, who is skilled and has car lift.
Error codes were 029900, 047128, 227906 and 040200.
After that, I cleaned my dpf by driving on highway, and the car worked for like a week.
Then I took like 140km drive, mosty on highway. On my way there, in first 70km,all good. On my way back I got limp mode as soon as I started the engine. Restarting the engine did not work(it helped sometimes before) No engine light.
On next day, limp mode came faster than I got my engine to 60°C. After some time, the yellow engine light came on, restarting the engine helped with limp mode a moment, engine light still on.
I drove few more times, small distances, engine light is still yellow, but no limp mode.
Current error codes are 040200, 047128 and 227906, so it looks like I cleared one error by changing that hose.
Please, anyone has any ideas, what could this be? Egr issue, need to clean Egr? Dpf poluted beyond normal recovery?
Sorry for my English, hope you will be able to understand

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Have you changed the dpf pressure sensor at all. ?

Any live data for dpf fill level and above sensor ??

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Did you actually clear the codes once you replaced the pipes.

OP
D

Daniel290

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 cdi 2013 (c207)
I cleared the codes after changing the pipe, and it drove well for like a week.

Did not change any sensor yet, as I always found some damage, I always thought that will solve the issue.

How could I get those live data for dpf fill level please?

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
I cleared the codes after changing the pipe, and it drove well for like a week.

Did not change any sensor yet, as I always found some damage, I always thought that will solve the issue.

How could I get those live data for dpf fill level please?

Use an icarsoft scanner in the obd2 port.

OP
D

Daniel290

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 cdi 2013 (c207)
I had to replace 2 faulty oxygen sensors. All works well now
BTW if u suffer similair thing, keep in mind that new sensors have to be something like programmed or paired using original mercedes diagnostic, otherwise it will not work. I had to find out the hard way :D

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom