My Fabulous S211 Is For Sale

Peter De La Mare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
15 reg E63, 14 reg Smart Passion and 64reg Caterham Levante.
Congratulations! You've got a great car there :cool:

Jdokal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
tommytucker said:
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car!!!

Looks like I will be seeing Johns s211 around....if you ever need any servicing or repairs (I doubt the latter) you have Wayne Gates in Harrow.

Any mods?

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
Welcome Tom.....You just bought a cherished car, from a true enthusiast, look after it and enjoy!:D

Hello all,after 2 trips to Birmingham a week apart,I finally got to buy John's(Developer 215) lovely car.Like a lot of people I thought he would never sell it so I was very surprised to read that he was.It took me a week to put the deal together but it paid off in the end,largely due to John's patience.We met up yesterday in Harrow,North London and it was a privilege and a hell of an experience to have a ride back to Birmingham in his E63,John that car is just awesome!Anyway where do I start about the 320?I was happy with my e 220 and I had never been in a 320 before.The V6 is so smooth and quiet and much more responsive than I am used to,the gearbox is superb.I took it easy driving home but I did have a little play with distronic,it's very impressive,as is the rest of the car and the drive home was effortless.Anyway I've a lot to read and learn so I best get on,gonna start with the comand lady,again!For those of you who don't know John,he's a thoroughly nice guy and a gentleman and he was such a pleasure to do business with and I know he looked after his car with a passion and I intend to do the same.Thanks in advance,all who read this.
Tom

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Wheels

John,

Glad you made a quick sale - the car looked gorgeous.

In an earlier post you said you would offer any remaining wheels for sale (that would suit my S203)?
- Are you selling any?

Last edited:
OP
Developer

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Hello all,after 2 trips to Birmingham a week apart,I finally got to buy John's(Developer 215) lovely car.Like a lot of people I thought he would never sell it so I was very surprised to read that he was.It took me a week to put the deal together but it paid off in the end,largely due to John's patience.We met up yesterday in Harrow,North London and it was a privilege and a hell of an experience to have a ride back to Birmingham in his E63,John that car is just awesome!Anyway where do I start about the 320?I was happy with my e 220 and I had never been in a 320 before.The V6 is so smooth and quiet and much more responsive than I am used to,the gearbox is superb.I took it easy driving home but I did have a little play with distronic,it's very impressive,as is the rest of the car and the drive home was effortless.Anyway I've a lot to read and learn so I best get on,gonna start with the comand lady,again!For those of you who don't know John,he's a thoroughly nice guy and a gentleman and he was such a pleasure to do business with and I know he looked after his car with a passion and I intend to do the same.Thanks in advance,all who read this.
Tom

Thanks Tom, that's very kind of you.

I really really wanted an enthusiast to take over, and I'm sure you do us both proud.

The phone is never off should you have any questions, and I hope you will keep an eye out for appropriate get together in the future.

OP
Developer

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
John,

Glad you made a quick sale - the car looked gorgeous.

In an earlier post you said you would offer any remaining wheels for sale (that would suit my S203)?
- Are you selling any?

Hello Dave, the AMG wheels in the first set of photos won't be made available for another week yet, if at all - that will give you time to see if they will fit a W203 (I have no idea).

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
And a nicer guy than john would be hard to find,and the same goes for his car, you have a super car there Tommy Tucker

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
i think i looked into this as i fancied them for MY 203. IIRC the offset is different by a fair margin

...:( Oh well, thanks for this info!

btw
It's great to see a nice car like this moving on to another member - this is really what forums are for (even though I'm a bit jealous).

Top Bottom