My ML is Sick.

MarkF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi
Had the ML recovered yesterday with no drive when in D.
As my car is looked after by a very good indi (much better than any main delare near me) I have rescue cover with Rescuemycar.com £35.00 subscription for a year. my wife phoned the nice lady to tell her what had happened and that she needed the car to be recovered. I arrived on site before the recovery guy, tried the car and it moved ok but I was not happy to drive it to the indi about 8 miles away so when the recovery truck arrived I told him this expecting him to say that I caould drive it there but no he popped it on the back of the truck and took it to the indi for me.
The car is with them now and it drives ok but the star machine is showing transmission sllipping, they will not know what it is until they have a look at it next week. In the meantime I have a C180 elegance auto to use.

I thought I would post this as in my view the rescue package I have for £35 is good value for money and I got everything that I would with Mobil except they took it to where I wanted the car to go and not to a MB dealer.

I will let you know what they find wrong.

Mark

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Bad luck Mark, one never knows with these things:(

OP
MarkF

MarkF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi
Thanks Malcolm,

Could do without the big bill at the moment but still...

Lyn at the indid did say that it could be a sticking valve in the valve block or it could be a seal in the box that has gone, if its the seal then it will be a stripdown and a big bill, will have to wait and see.
The car was fine the day before, but when the wife got in her to drive to the farm it was very slow to go from a stand and at some light whe she came to drive off the car reved but no drive. After she had switched it off waiting to be recovered I started it and all was ok, but the star shows transmission slipping.
Will have to wait and see what they find.

Regards

Mark

kebo57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270
Hi Mark I had this fault showing when I had codes read (drive train slipping) did the oil change a couple of times and it was OK after
Iv'e done 50K miles sinse this fault showed but just had the ECU in the box changed £300 inc oil, filter, seal, multy plug seal & labour.

Kevin

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
These intermittent drive faults are usually valve block faults

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom