My R230 SL

Matt32AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
From new 2002 SLK32///AMG, 2007 CLK350 AMG Sport Cabriolet sold:-( Porsche RS60 3.4 :-)
The advantages of Tyre foam and compressor

The advantages of tyre foam and compressor
errm the short answer..........None

On the other hand The low loader totally handy as is a mobile phone;)
Tyre wall parted company with the rest of the tyre. Pirelli PZero Y rated up to 200MPH This blew out on the A31 at 70MPH :);)
Brand new tyre done 150 miles.:shock:

Had to get the BRABUS rim refurbished, oh and a new tyre. Pirelli said the tyre had been driven on. I said yes I was doing 70 odd when it blew out......They didn't replace it FOC

Attachments

• BURST TYRE 1.jpg
    BURST TYRE 1.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 13
  • BURST TYRE 2.jpg
    BURST TYRE 2.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 13
  • BURST TYRE 3.jpg
    BURST TYRE 3.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Ah a bit of foam would easily have fixed that.... just like when I had 2 tyres with sidewall damage..wtf is the point of foam.

They really ought to stop this weight saving penny pinching attitude...

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I love my SL too. I think it has aged very well and even looks better than the latest version and certainly infinitely better than the face lift model with the strange front end and lights. In short, it is a very classy and useable vehicle.

I wonder if this is the feeling of every "older" model, that the next models up don't quite have the same panache? I know I feel that way about my R129. :D:D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I wonder if this is the feeling of every "older" model, that the next models up don't quite have the same panache? I know I feel that way about my R129. :D:D

You have virtually the last of the series for the 129

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I think it has the same engine and gearbox as the early 230s doesn't it Malcolm?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think it has the same engine and gearbox as the early 230s doesn't it Malcolm?

Indeed it does have, the 113 ran till 06-06

Matt32AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
From new 2002 SLK32///AMG, 2007 CLK350 AMG Sport Cabriolet sold:-( Porsche RS60 3.4 :-)

I feel the same way about my SLK32AMG, it still is a strikingly good looking car by todays standards, and like all good things, the original was the best concept. Think aircraft here, the original MkI Spitfire just looked right. Later Marks with Griffon engines, Blister Canopies, two stage super chargers etc while much quicker looked heavier, never had the delicate look of the original concept. But that is aesthetics.

With the SLK, later models refined areas such as the steering, which was screaming to be sorted out, despite AMG doing their best with sorting the suspension etc. But MB made in my view, a poor choice in mimicking the McLaren SLR front end for example. Interestingly the later SLK has gone back to a degree, back to the R170 body look, though again not convinced about the rather blunt front end. Though understand why, (step forward Eurocrat design house decision).

I would also say the build and finish of the later cars interior is a nice place to be, but different more reflective of the 21st century. But then that is not to say I dislike my cars interior. It has that retro 50s look with Chrome bezel white face instruments that I feel suit the cars appeal, and where it picks up other odd detail from the old SL such as the bonnet power bulges for example. ;) That is the cars charm.

Last edited:

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom