Navigation CD question

thecanarian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 320 estate 2001
I've just bought a C class 320 estate 2001 with what I suppose must be an early Command centre with a SatNav. It didn't come with a CD for the satnav, and from what I've seen so far there are a plethora of CDs for this system. Can anyone advise which CD I need and what updates I may require?

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
You'll probably find the answer on www.comandonline.co.uk - if you can't find it, email them, they're very helpful (and members/sponsors on here!).

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The disc you require is a DX disc for your C class

OP
T

thecanarian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 320 estate 2001
Thanks for the responses, but can I also clarify a couple of points.

Is the application software already loaded(firmware), and the geographical data on the disk OR do I need to load the application software as well to make it work?

If the firmware is already loaded do I also need updates for this?

I'm assuming the raw geographical data on a CD is separate from the application software.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The DX disc is a CD you insert it in the slot and it will navigate only while the disc is in the head unit, so all the info is on the disc and not in the head unit.

The best disc is from 2010 as it had more on it.

Last edited:
OP
T

thecanarian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 320 estate 2001
That's what I feared, that it required the CD to be inserted at all times. Oh well I'll just have to make sure any audio CD I might possibly want to listen is in the loader magazine.

Comand

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63, SL55, A150, X5, Raptor, ZX10, ZRX1100, Mini, RD350B, RD250B
I've just bought a C class 320 estate 2001 with what I suppose must be an early Command centre with a SatNav. It didn't come with a CD for the satnav, and from what I've seen so far there are a plethora of CDs for this system. Can anyone advise which CD I need and what updates I may require?

There are two disks suitable for the Comand.

The Teleatlas DX UK/Ireland 2012/2013. This come with a supplemaentary disk which covers the major roads of western Europe. does not have TMC or merian scout guide. £124

The Mercedes branded DX disk. This comes with TMC (dynamic routing around congestion) and Merian scout guide. It does not have the supplementary Europe disk. £150

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom