Need Help : ML central locking

clankyt

Reaction score
Struggling here, so need some expert advice:

Have a 99 ML320 and the rear nearside lock decided not to play with the rest of the central locking system. I can operate it manually etc so i presumed the motor was toast. Managed to buy a secondhand lock which i plugged into the loom yesterday to try before i ripped the old one out. The new lock seemed to work fine a couple of times but then also decided it wasnt going to operate anymore.
Ive tried wriggling wires, unplugging/plugging etc. but i couldnt get it to function again. This obviously leads me to the opinion ive just fried the new lock as well....doh

As i dont have a manual for the connector pinouts to check voltages, does anybody have any ideas? Out of interest, i did notice a small microswitch on the lock...whats this for? Please help!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The wiring is not easy for these things ,you do need to check that the 12 volt that operates the switch motor is there,,you cannot mess up the new one by just trying it

MB TECH WARRINGTON

Reaction score
buying second hand is sometimes not a good ideal, as it can throw you off the trail, your second hand lock could well be faulty too

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
buying second hand is sometimes not a good ideal, as it can throw you off the trail, your second hand lock could well be faulty too

and so say all of us!!!!!! never trust the breakers to supply working parts.

OP
C

clankyt

Reaction score
Cheers for the answers guys, but does anyone know the pinouts so i can check for voltages?
thanks

OP
C

clankyt

Reaction score
hello??? anybody out there who can actually help??

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
the white and red wires power the locking motor. both are earth until one or the other is made live by relay k23 or k20.

for the microswitches they share an earth, brown. then one has the green wire, the other the orange. one switch should be closed circuit when locked, one when unlocked and the motor obviously works both ways.

enjoy.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom