New 107 Soft top

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any advice on where to get a new hood for my 107, who to fit it and what type is best, for example does it have to be Sonnenland?
I have rung up Car Hood warehouse, ETC and Softtops in Croyden but unsure of quality and would like to know if anyone has dealt with any of them, as there seems to be quite a difference in prices!
I live in Gatwick area so these are all local to me.
Thanks for your help.

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
I'd say yes on the sonnenland

That was original equipment, and suits the car best. You can get them from KHM Cabrio in Germany, and I've seen some on e-bay as well, and Forest Fine as well. About £400-450-ish seems common
As for fitting them, any competent restorer should be able to do it. On my repair Cd it has a blow by blow, and with that, I'd have a go as well, as it looks fairly straightforward to someone with spanners for brains

OP

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice.
Cheers

Craneboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Lancia Delta Intergale EVO 2, 95 e320 Coupe, 06 Honda Accord Exec Tourer, 03 Clio
Soft tops

Hi, I was collecting some parts for my 107 today 3-4-06, at was near to "Carhood Warehouse", at Barwell Indust Estate opposite Chessington Zoo that was. I have been around there many times and they always have quality cars that have eiother had repairs done or cars that are about to be workerd onm seems like nice quality work. They have a web site under the same name.
Good Luck.

Hoks

Reaction score
Soft top from the US

Hi

I have recently fitted a new soft top to my 380SL R107. I bought the hood from a US company 2 years ago (only came to fit it 2 months ago!) and they sent it via mail costing about £230 and another £150 for fitting in my local trimmer...... All in <£400!! Very original quality hood with plastic windows and includes new replacement seals.

but I think the prices has gone up since...... try www.richandfamousautotops.com

also worth trying is www.prestigeautotops.com; I think they are based in cheshire

As for Trimmer; look up Trimmers in the Yellow pages...

Last edited:

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom