New GP rules what did u think of the race?

Bob 2316

Reaction score
was wondering what anyone thought of the new F1 GP rules and what you thought of the race?
If i had nt had a sticky rear window motor to fix i guess i would have watched it all, however it seems to me that im not really sure im seeing what i think i am seeing in the early part of the race and the only bit that is of any concequence is the last stint when everyone has pitted for the final time. then it seems we actually know who is racing who.

still nice to see mikki shoesmakker get rinsed! when was the last time he lost or failed to make the podium from pole LOL maybe it was because he did nt have his little side kick on the track contracted to help him win?

strange though for mcLaren to be sitting pretty after one race with 16 constructors points and Ron Dennis still bleating about the rule changes!!

what does everyone else think?

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
I thought it was much better than the processions of last season.

There was loads more overtaking action.

I like the idea about having to use the remainder of fuel from the qualifying sessions. No-one knows how much fuel the cars are carrying so can't guess pitstop strategy. Also some drivers, Coultard in particular, qualified on a full tank so ran a good distance, thus less stops.

Also the rules re. using the same tyres is good.

I don't like to see very light cars qualify well and then completely change the car setup, tyres and fuel load for the start of the race.

OP
B

Bob 2316

Reaction score
Yes Dieselman i know what your saying about how it had degenerated into a stagnant formula and i think it needed a shake up regardless of which team was dominating the field. However i think alot of the important overtaking in the middle field was lost as the cameras were focused on the front runners. it seems to me that the directors of each race never seem to have a grasp on what they should be relaying to the fans. i was reading james Foxals review in auto express magazine and he suggested that after qualifying the teams should declare what the fuel load is so that the tv pundits can give us the viewers a better idea of which cars we should be looking out for. i dont find it very exciting to watch one car easily overtake another down the straight purely because he has a lighter fuel load. personally i find the moto GP far more exciting. no radios no tyre stops no or very few team orders no fuel stops. now thats proper racing u know what yr looking at! after all motor racing is meant to be about racing not some kind of mobile chess game thats totally secretive to us the viewers and only becomes clear in the last 25% of the race.

i agree with you about the qualifying aspically as some teams (the rich ones) were thinking of making super light qualifying engines. at least some of the new rules are therer to try and make the playing field a little more level! i guess we will have to see how it all unfolds later on in the season.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom