NEW Gullwing

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
All new cars seem to have those lights now ??

OP
SQ_W211

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Agree with you Malc, They need to go back to the drawing board to come up with something more elegant that this

Jay Gee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Honda
I read today that this is due June 2010,and the feature quoted a price of £155k-so,presumably going to be available here.

OP
SQ_W211

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
If they fix the lights, it could do well in UK

I suppose either way it will be iconic car... possible future classic??

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
If they fix the lights, it could do well in UK

I suppose either way it will be iconic car... possible future classic??

I think it'll be a classic as soon as it's launched.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
to me its got the front lights nicked out of someones ford focus, the rear lights from a passing audi tt or a5, and it looks too much like a bmw!

nice, but looking a bit too 'eurobox' for my liking. it may be the pics though. i hated the 204 and the 212 till i actually saw 1 in the metal!

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
A return to your design icon of yesteryear is usually a sign of a paucity of new ideas or of a cynical attempt to extract cash from a new generation who can't remember the original.

VW with the Beetle, Ford with the GT40, Lamborghini with the Miura concept - and now a new Gullwing.

I have no doubt that in terms of dynamics, comfort, reliability and performance the new car will be infinitely superior to the original - and so it should be after 55 years of automotive development. Does it move the game forward in aesthetic terms? - Not for me.

It will sell of course, but in 50 years time will it arouse the memories and emotion that the original does today? Sadly I won't be around to find out....

By the way, did you know that the french call it 'Papillon' - Butterfly, rather than Gullwing. Perhaps it's life will be as transient as the poor insect's..... ;)

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
A return to your design icon of yesteryear is usually a sign of a paucity of new ideas or of a cynical attempt to extract cash from a new generation who can't remember the original.

By the way, did you know that the French call it 'Papillon' - Butterfly, rather than Gullwing. Perhaps it's life will be as transient as the poor insect's..... ;)

But either way, they will be very lucky papillion passengers! :rolleyes:;)

charlfourie

Reaction score
Website
www.anotherphotographer.co.za
Your Mercedes
1979 Mercedes Benz 250
Still think the Sterling Moss SLR is the more timeless shape...

2009-mclaren-slr1.jpg

OP
SQ_W211

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
But you will drive with a deformed face(when Jeremy C tested Atom with no windscreen) all the time.....

dervmerc

Reaction score
Hello All,

Came across this website which was showing few pictures of the upcoming model of New SLS Gullwing

http://streetcars.co.za/2009/07/leaked-images-of-the-mercedes-benz-sls-amg-gullwing/

I thought the overall car looks nice but not a huge fan of the lights. Lets see what the price tag is if it is ever release in UK

The front end is reminiscent of the old 190SL Gullwing around 1959 vintage, The bonnet,grille are similar.The lights and rear are different.Strange to think we had one for sale but at around £1000 ish too pricey at that time.

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
Thankyou Amo-rahal yes I like that gullwingI wonder if the Italians had any thing do with the design, they brought out the new Fiat500, my wife had one of the old f500 30yrs ago good reliable little car that's all we could afford at the time.

OP
SQ_W211

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Yes that is very reasonable for people who own oil wells or work in banks with huge bonuses every 4 months..

for a normal middle-class person like me its just too far fetched to be honest

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom