New Key.

Mike-Carter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169
When I bought the Mercedes A-Class W169 it only came with one key. Now, we all knpw that things can happen where either the key gives up the ghost or you lose it. About 20 years ago whilst walking in Harrogate a young lady dropped the keys to her Volvo 340, straight down the drain, it happens.
So I purchased a key from a tuning place in Poppleton, York for £140, peace of mind.
The key has the third button for the tailgate opening and blow me down, it worked.

IMG_20200626_050736.jpg

rifiki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W209 W121190B
You are lucky Mike, the boot button has never worked for last 8 years. It has never worried me and I think it's a useless extra.

OP
Mike-Carter

Mike-Carter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169
You are lucky Mike, the boot button has never worked for last 8 years. It has never worried me and I think it's a useless extra.
Sir, I tend to agree with you. If you want the boot for example when leaving the supermarket you'll need to press a button, why two buttons? Surely a gimmick adopted by MB from other manufacturers.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Sir, I tend to agree with you. If you want the boot for example when leaving the supermarket you'll need to press a button, why two buttons? Surely a gimmick adopted by MB from other manufacturers.

The car remains locked when the boot opens ,maybe part of an anti hijack feature ,there will be a reason behind it.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mike, do you know the raised round platform, where the Mercedes star suppose to go, is a cover - underneath is a grooved seat for the said star - only a matter of getting one from AliExpress or suchlike.
:cool:

OP
Mike-Carter

Mike-Carter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169
Mike, do you know the raised round platform, where the Mercedes star suppose to go, is a cover - underneath is a grooved seat for the said star - only a matter of getting one from AliExpress or suchlike.
:cool:
Thanks GLK, I'm looking.

smudgelab

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S205 220d Premium 4MATIC (67 reg)
Contacted these guys today as the car I’m buying on Monday Only’s comes with one key. Very friendly but only work upto 2014 whereas the one im getting is 2015 . £330.00 from Mercedes Harrogate ffs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom