New member saying hello

lordylawks

Reaction score
Website
www.touchingstuff.com
Just joined the forum having just bought my first M-B. Looking for advice - see the tech forum if you wish - but thought I'd say hello in the general forum by way of an introduction.

My new M-B is a 1993 500SEL, silver, with just about every extra available at that time. Petrol consumption to one side, this has to be one of the most rounded cars I have ever owned - quiet, elegant, quick, comfortable, handles well for it's size and full of gadgets. Astonishing.

stwat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 300SE
Welcome. Very nice car BTW.

Stu

stwat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 300SE
lordylawks said:
Hello shaggy and stwat. Tis a very nice car and I'm a happy fella indeed knowing I'll be driving it again tomorrow.

Aint it great!! Sometimes when im a little down, the thought of driving my merc the next day always cheers me up..:). Sad i know, but i dont care. LOL

Stu

dscam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL350 (‘07)
welcome!

Welcome to MB ownership and the forum from me. Hope that you enjoy both!

Duncan

OP
L

lordylawks

Reaction score
Website
www.touchingstuff.com
Thanks for the welcome dscam - looking forward to many interactions.

As for bringing a smile, I only got the 500SEL on Friday and I am still at the "Is this really mine?" stage. And then I get in and start her up and the grin just stays stuck in place. Got stuck in a traffic jam for 2 hours after picking her up and was still smiling when I finally cleared it!

EuroCLK320

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'99 CLK320 Cabriolet and 2002 ML 270CDi
Welcome. Nice car. May it give you years and years of trouble free motoring and that warm 'I have Merc' glow that I get every time I drive mine

angus falconer

Reaction score
Hi Lordylawks,

Hello and welcome. Congrats on getting a V8 Merc. I have been happily tooling around in a C43 for the last 18 months. Loaded, like yours. Great cars.

LANDR0VER

Banned
Reaction score
lordylawks said:
Just joined the forum having just bought my first M-B. Looking for advice - see the tech forum if you wish - but thought I'd say hello in the general forum by way of an introduction.

My new M-B is a 1993 500SEL, silver, with just about every extra available at that time. Petrol consumption to one side, this has to be one of the most rounded cars I have ever owned - quiet, elegant, quick, comfortable, handles well for it's size and full of gadgets. Astonishing.

Hello, and wellcome mate.

turnipsock

Reaction score
Driving a merc, I actually look forward to going to work. Once I'm there, I look forward to going home again (no change there). Sometimes I wish my work was further away, or the earth turned the other way so I wasn't driving into the sun so much.

Some guy pulled out in front of me this morning and then drove hard trying to show me he was justified in his action. His engine was still cold as it was chucking out smoke.

When we hit the straight, I pulled out, to overtake, and he tried to accelerate I drifted past as he was standing still. That is why I like driving a Merc.

Mind you, I hit 125mph on narrow A road...bit scarey, it's frightning how quickly corners come up these days

Welcome Lordy, by the way.

OP
L

lordylawks

Reaction score
Website
www.touchingstuff.com
Thanks to all of you for your most kind and generous welcome. Still can't believe how such a big car is so nimble and stops so damned fast - someone pulled out on me -is it because I'm now driving a merc? - and I swear if I'd been in my XJ40 I would have hit them. Still smiling ........ BTW, what is the alphanumeric ident for my 1993 500SEL - I keep readin about W124's and C whatevers and am not sure what these denote but would like to know ....

pascal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl320/1999/3.2
W140 is the model (93). Your Vin no. WDB140

Described by the motoring press as 'The Best Car In The World' back then

Welcome to MBOA forums

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom