New To The Club

blizard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 200k sport
Hello to everyone i just bought my first Mercedes A clk 200k sport.
I can not wait to collect it:))
I was wondering if anyone has any tips regarding this car
its a 09 model with 20.000 miles on the clock and i bought it from a main dealer as an approved used.

My only worry is the tyres on the car which is mixed pairs different in front from the back and moreover i been told that one of the rear tyres is brand new whilst the other no.
I am not an expert but i think that this does not sound good at all regarding how the car will behave on the road.I have challenged Mercedes service manager regarding this ( i am awaiting an answer) any good ideas or any tips that i should know regarding that issue, someone told me that is specify in the handbook of Mercedes that you should not mix tyres do not know thought if that's true?
Anyway thank you in advance for your efforts and answers
Its good to be member of the MB Club.
Regards
Hopefully i happy owner:)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome :D:D try and keep the same make of tyres on each axle, but one new and one worn is OK

It is said that a secondhand car should have 5-6mm of tread on the tyres

Turbo Merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDi
Welcome to the club and I hope you get a lot of pleasure from your first Merc. I think this is a great forum and I strongly recommend that you visit it whenever you have 5 mins free and not just when you have a problem; you will be amazed at what you can get from it.

Tyres are a very subjective issue. There are many with strong loyalties to one brand or another. My personal opinion is to do your own research ( start by just googleing 'tyre reviews') and stick with one of the 'quality' brands.

I have no problems with having different brands front and back but I do not like mixed brands on the same 'axle'. I try to keep the best tyres on the front as they do the steering and most of the braking forces. I also try to keep similar tyre wear on the same axle.

Top Bottom