New to the forum! W204 C250 AMG Sport-Front brake recommendations? Brembo or OEM

Ben Smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204/C-class/2012/2.1 Twin turbo diesel (C250)
Looking to change the front discs and pads in the next couple of days.
Wanted some advice on the best options, I think that brembo offer a good alternative to OEM. As it has the sports package it has the drilled and slotted discs fitted from the factory.

2012 magnetite black c250 AMG sport.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Both my cars are now nearly all Brembo discs and pads , seem very good to me and were substantially cheaper than MB .
If I had more money I’d go MB parts all the way but hey ho :rolleyes:

OP
Ben Smith

Ben Smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Both my cars are now nearly all Brembo discs and pads , seem very good to me and were substantially cheaper than MB .

Thanks for the reply, I agree with the price side of it I can buy the whole front set with wear sensor for about £120 which I think is reasonable.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the reply, I agree with the price side of it I can buy the whole front set with wear sensor for about £120 which I think is reasonable.
I think my E class , was all discs and pads £180 via ECP sales and £320 all in for MB , that allowed me to refurb all my calipers as well for under £250 ish by taking the Brembo option

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
I have brembo fitted all around and can't complain. Especially for the price when you get a euro car park discount code :D:D

OP
Ben Smith

Ben Smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks I think that is what I’ll fit later this week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
I have to ask members this.
Years ago, i always went to main dealer for brake parts, as i always considered that tyres and brakes were the most important thing to keep good on a car, one holds you on the road, the other stops you !!!!
Anyway, over last couple of years, not really running high performance cars, and money getting a bit tighter etc etc.
I first went away from dealer parts on my wifes Mini, she just potters around in it, so took a chance and fitted COMLINE disc's and MINTEX pads, and i have to say, braking is excellent, and wear rate very good, and price was about a third of what BMW wanted, so encouraged by this, fitted same set up to out little family AYGO, again, results were excellent, and cost about £65 to do fronts (its drums at the rear (remember those !!!). I have just fitted ECP supplied disc's and pads to my daughters Mini, all four disc's and pads were £160, cant remember the brand, but when i googles them, same factory as TEXTAR, again, braking good as i would expect, on this car i also fitted four new Tyres, and chose NEXEN, as she could not afford Michelin tyres, all four tyres delivered to my door for £200, it would have been more than double for Michelin, again, i am impressed with grip and noise.
Is it just me, or have the budget brands of things just got better, perhaps they have to be made to a standard, i do not know.
Anyway, just had to point out that unless you have a performance vehicle, there are other options.
Now, just wait for the gasps of shock and replies !!!!!!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have to ask members this.
Years ago, i always went to main dealer for brake parts, as i always considered that tyres and brakes were the most important thing to keep good on a car, one holds you on the road, the other stops you !!!!
Anyway, over last couple of years, not really running high performance cars, and money getting a bit tighter etc etc.
I first went away from dealer parts on my wifes Mini, she just potters around in it, so took a chance and fitted COMLINE disc's and MINTEX pads, and i have to say, braking is excellent, and wear rate very good, and price was about a third of what BMW wanted, so encouraged by this, fitted same set up to out little family AYGO, again, results were excellent, and cost about £65 to do fronts (its drums at the rear (remember those !!!). I have just fitted ECP supplied disc's and pads to my daughters Mini, all four disc's and pads were £160, cant remember the brand, but when i googles them, same factory as TEXTAR, again, braking good as i would expect, on this car i also fitted four new Tyres, and chose NEXEN, as she could not afford Michelin tyres, all four tyres delivered to my door for £200, it would have been more than double for Michelin, again, i am impressed with grip and noise.
Is it just me, or have the budget brands of things just got better, perhaps they have to be made to a standard, i do not know.
Anyway, just had to point out that unless you have a performance vehicle, there are other options.
Now, just wait for the gasps of shock and replies !!!!!!
Sounds very similar to my current situation , went almost all over to Brembo discs and pads for cost reasons , they were so cheap I couldn’t not try them , result very impressed .
Got Nexens on the CLK rears after the previous Uniroyal Rainsports jumped in price . Again very impressed by them , my Dad has had Nexen all seasons on his V8 Jag for a few years and they are faultless . I think I paid around £50 a tyre for them .

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom