New tyres for C class

OP
A

ADP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200K, SL500.
If you got 34,000 miles from your last set of tyres I'm inclined to think your tracking was spot on.

The steering wheel should have been clamped in the straight ahead position before the tracking was adjusted, but I can only worry that it is now out if it was OK before?

Russ

Thanks I will take it back to rectify the steering wheel but I'm a little worried why it was coming up as standard suspension.

ADP

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Thanks I will take it back to rectify the steering wheel but I'm a little worried why it was coming up as standard suspension.

ADP

There are many posts about Mercedes tracking, most places will not do them saying they need to be weighted and require 4 wheel tracking with special equipment. I suspect the place you used may not have done it correctly & does not have the equipment to do so. I may be wrong though, you would need to ask more questions of them. Search "wheels in motion", they have some good explanations on their site.

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/

Russ

OP
A

ADP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200K, SL500.
There are many posts about Mercedes tracking, most places will not do them saying they need to be weighted and require 4 wheel tracking with special equipment. I suspect the place you used may not have done it correctly & does not have the equipment to do so. I may be wrong though, you would need to ask more questions of them. Search "wheels in motion", they have some good explanations on their site.

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/

Russ

Thanks Russ,

I've looked at the comments made on other threads and looked at WIM. I am a little worried as I paid £28 for the tracking and it took 10 mins but I do have a full read out with all four wheels with camber, caster and toe figures it looks professional (to me anyway) and the local Merc franchise use them for tyres not sure about tracking though as I've read on some threads this can cost upto £160.

ADP

Top Bottom