Newbie intro

xxredmaxx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150 2007
Hi from Mark.

I've owned many Mercs - ML, E, C and my partner's favourite the A class.

I've just bought a 2007 A150 (W169) to teach my 2 daughters to drive.
It's in reasonable condition with average mileage.
I do enjoy diy and detailing cars so hoping to get help and advice on here.
2 issues that I'd like to solve are 1. Nearside wing mirror is detached from mount plate. 2. Rear bumper panel is slightly detached underneath nearside light cluster.

I can post pictures if pointed to correct page etc. Is there a specific W169 area for example?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

No specific model areas as quite a lot of common issues and solutions. Just pick the relevant technical (not DIY) area

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello and welcome!

I drive an A200 C169 2006 and have done a couple of mods, will be happy to share ...

As to your issues:

1. Most likely a non power-fold mirror was folded manually (doesn't work on W169 - was possible on W168), or was hit in either forward or backwards motion. You can take it apart and see if a spring can be put back in its place, if not (base is damaged) - a replacement would be a solution. Pre-facelift mirrors are not expensive.

2. The bumper clips into a mounting bracket ("Side guide" No.7 in the WIS file), and then held with a single screw. Either the mounting bracket is broken (lucky scenario - it's only about £8 from MB) or the lugs on the bumper itself are. Unfortunately, it's a new bumper in the latter case.

I'm looking to complete my power-folding mirrors mod soon (i.e. buy a set of mirrors - everything else is ready), so will have a pair of pre-facelift non-folding mirrors in perfect condition for sale. The left on has a built-in camera :rolleyes: Colour is Cosmos Black 191U.

:)

Attachments

• W169 WIS rear bumper 1.pdf
    337.7 KB · Views: 2
  • W169 WIS Side Mirror Case.pdf
    222.3 KB · Views: 2
  • W169 WIS Side Mirror Glass.pdf
    317.8 KB · Views: 1
  • W169 Remove_install complete outside mirror up to 2008.pdf
    191.1 KB · Views: 2
  • W169 Remove_install mirror triangle cover on front door.pdf
    69.6 KB · Views: 0
  • W169 Remove_install outside mirror trim up to 2008.pdf
    107.8 KB · Views: 2

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum :)

OP
X

xxredmaxx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150 2007
Hello and welcome!

I drive an A200 C169 2006 and have done a couple of mods, will be happy to share ...

As to your issues:

1. Most likely a non power-fold mirror was folded manually (doesn't work on W169 - was possible on W168), or was hit in either forward or backwards motion. You can take it apart and see if a spring can be put back in its place, if not (base is damaged) - a replacement would be a solution. Pre-facelift mirrors are not expensive.

2. The bumper clips into a mounting bracket ("Side guide" No.7 in the WIS file), and then held with a single screw. Either the mounting bracket is broken (lucky scenario - it's only about £8 from MB) or the lugs on the bumper itself are. Unfortunately, it's a new bumper in the latter case.

I'm looking to complete my power-folding mirrors mod soon (i.e. buy a set of mirrors - everything else is ready), so will have a pair of pre-facelift non-folding mirrors in perfect condition for sale. The left on has a built-in camera :rolleyes: Colour is Cosmos Black 191U.

:)

OP
X

xxredmaxx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150 2007
Hi and thanks for the info.
I will take a look later today.
I've not collected the car yet (tomorrow probably) but I can confirm the mirrors are definitely powered. The buttons are on the driver's door and I used them to adjust mirrors whilst test driving.
Does that change any of your advice?

Much appreciated

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi and thanks for the info.
I will take a look later today.
I've not collected the car yet (tomorrow probably) but I can confirm the mirrors are definitely powered. The buttons are on the driver's door and I used them to adjust mirrors whilst test driving.
Does that change any of your advice?

Much appreciated
Hi Mark,

All C/W169s got electrically adjustable (and heated) outside mirrors, but majority are not power-folding (option 500).

It's this button in the middle - it folds and unfolds both mirrors:

W169 Mirror Switch A1698206810.jpg

You can check your spec by VIN here: MB

OP
X

xxredmaxx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150 2007
Hi Mark,

All C/W169s got electrically adjustable (and heated) outside mirrors, but majority are not power-folding (option 500).

It's this button in the middle - it folds and unfolds both mirrors:

View attachment 57453

You can check your spec by VIN here: MB
Hi
I'm pretty certain it had the middle button but will check again tomorrow when I collect.

The exact model is A150 classic SE

Wagen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006/56 W211 E320 CDI Estate
Hello and welcome to the forum Mark. ;)

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm pretty certain it had the middle button but will check again tomorrow when I collect.
If you click on the link above, you can enter VIN (top right-hand corner) and get the exact spec aka Datacard.
Almost all the options, including 500, were available in all trims, so impossible to say just be the engine size / trim type.

OP
X

xxredmaxx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150 2007
Hi

I now have the car at my place.
Good news is that the mirrors are electrically folding and I have managed to clip the mirror back into its seat.
Bad news is only the drivers mirror folds away. The nearside (the one i clipped back) does not move :(

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I now have the car at my place.
Good news is that the mirrors are electrically folding and I have managed to clip the mirror back into its seat.
Bad news is only the drivers mirror folds away. The nearside (the one i clipped back) does not move :(
That is good news, and pretty rare too, especially for a Classic trim.
You'll have to open it up and check for broken wires (more likely) and/or snapped links / connectors.
All the instructions are in above WIS files.
Please note - all 9 wires are black, so use your own markings to identify, before cutting & repairing.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
That is good news, and pretty rare too, especially for a Classic trim.
You'll have to open it up and check for broken wires (more likely) and/or snapped links / connectors.
All the instructions are in above WIS files.
Please note - all 9 wires are black, so use your own markings to identify, before cutting & repairing.
Don't you love that?
My old military ambulance every wire was yellow with a tag on the end with a number. Great as long as all the tags were there....

Last edited:

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Don't you love that?
My old military ambulance every wire was yellow with a tag on the end with s number. Great as long as all the tags were there....
Yup, perhaps the nine most prone to breakage wires in the car, due to non-existent protection against continuous bending back and forth (and very questionable quality of the actual wires, clearly not fit for purpose), and Mercedes decided to make them all same colour ...

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom