Newbie SL55 owner

Jds67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl55amg/05/5.4
Hi
I'm Jarrod from Staffordshire. I have recently purchased my first MB. It is an SL55 AMG 2005
I joined the forums as a spectator prior to my purchase to gather information.
I was originally looking for an F1 package to be honest, but after looking at several that were either fake or just very poor I had vertically given up looking.
Then I came across this one . It isn't an f1, but it just appealed to me.
It has a Kleeman stage 2 conversion, with a full Miltek exhaust. Infact if you check out the Miltek site they use my car in the photo's. It has the 19" 65 alloys, rear diffuser, spoiler, pan roof, lowered suspension etc. It is finished in black and is in exceptionally good condition having spent a long time in Switzerland and being kept in a heated underground garage.
I am going to upgrade it totally to the F1 spec for my own personal satisfaction and I could do with a little help as follows.
I have just purchased a new old stock f1 front bumper with all the grills but no fog lamps, can someone tell me the part numbers for the correct ones.
Also now I have the 19" wheels and tyres, I would like to get the correct sticker for the pressures. I am told that the sticker has a part number on it can someone let me know what it is or post a picture up of it.
Thanks in advance
Jarrod.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome with that 55 :D:D

This car is not listed in the EPC, the only way any information can be got is from the full VIN number.

Essel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 AMG V8 Kompressor
Welcome, cracking looking car. Would like to see more pictures!

Sounds like some nice mods. I like those wheels, trying to find some for mine.

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport
Hi
I'm Jarrod from Staffordshire. I have recently purchased my first MB. It is an SL55 AMG 2005
I was originally looking for an F1 package to be honest, but after looking at several that were either fake or just very poor I had vertically given up looking.
It has a Kleeman stage 2 conversion, with a full Miltek exhaust. Infact if you check out the Miltek site they use my car in the photo's. It has the 19" 65 alloys, rear diffuser, spoiler, pan roof, lowered suspension etc. It is finished in black and is in exceptionally good condition having spent a long time in Switzerland and being kept in a heated underground garage.
I am going to upgrade it totally to the F1 spec for my own personal satisfaction and I could do with a little help as follows.
I have just purchased a new old stock f1 front bumper with all the grills but no fog lamps, can someone tell me the part numbers for the correct ones.
Also now I have the 19" wheels and tyres, I would like to get the correct sticker for the pressures. I am told that the sticker has a part number on it can someone let me know what it is or post a picture up of it.
Thanks in advance
Jarrod.

Nice car. whereabouts in staffs are you? I originate from wolves

beccy

MBO Membership Secretary
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
Welcome to the MBO forum! :D

Blaze_One

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350/2003/3.7 & ML250 (W166) - FULLY LOADED! :)
Hi Jarrod and welcome. IMO, this forum will be the best site you'll ever join!! :)

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Welcome, and good choice of car :D

I have had mine for three years of fun and no problems at all so far :D

OP
J

Jds67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl55amg/05/5.4
SL55

Morning all
Thanks for the welcome. Here Is a photo of the motor.
My new 65 front bumper arrived yesterday. Hopefully going to order the fog lights today !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 50
OP
J

Jds67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl55amg/05/5.4
SL55

i forgot to mention the grills have been de-chromed which you can see on this photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 41
OP
J

Jds67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl55amg/05/5.4
SL55

One from the rear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 33

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Nice. Black is a good colour on the 230, and the mods you have set it off well.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Love these SL'S ...not sure they like me. .lovely

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

C A R S E

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230, SL55 AMG
Hi
Thanks in advance
Jarrod.

Welcome and congrats, very nice car :cool:

I joined this site too after purchasing my 2003 SL55 in December 2013, they are great cars. I had a little trouble with my ABC suspension which turned out to be the rear strut, at the same time I thought the baffle in my fuel tank was rattling however it turned out to be the strut too, couldn't have fixed it without the help of the members on this form.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jds67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl55amg/05/5.4
SL55 AMG

I too have a problem with the rear strut. It says it has an electrical fault. I think it could be a broken wire.
Other than that it's an amaizing machine.
My nos F1 front bumper has arrived along with new grills , fog lights , and the 19" tyre pressure sticker for inside the petrol flap. I have also just put a new aux battery on last week along with two front Bridgestone tyres, so it is in tip top shape.
Can't wait to get the new bits fitted.
If anyone is interested in the original front bumper I will be selling it. It is complete with grills and lights.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
What is the strut doing

Top Bottom